Fusion questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kern

Contributor
Reaction score
So my Fusion arrived yesterday. Of course the weather collapsed today. 7 day forecast has wind at 25-40 knots, seas from 3-5mts & bucket loads of rain. So while I'm waiting to get it wet, a few questions.

What's the best way to hang the suit for drying. Mostly I see DS hanging by their integrated boots, not an option? or they're back entry & have been on shoulder/neck hangers, possible but not optimal IMO. What do you do.

Rinsing the suit. Do you strip the skin off & do them separately or leave them together.

Do you fold your seals in an 1" or so or leave them flat.

Does Whites use UK or US size conventions for their boots.

I have a pair of size 9 Evos but they seem far to big. I have about 1.5" between the ends of the boot & my tows. This is with thick, alpine merino wool sox & the the DS. When I put them into the foot pocket of my fins the spring straps force my tows into the front of the boot. Then of course the heel has been pushed away from the heel of the boot by 1.5". The boot seems to distort a little & its quite uncomfortable. I realise they need to be a bit larger than the norm but an extra 1.5" in length seems to be too much.

I have no experience with DS so any hints, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have only had my Fusion for a few months but this is what I do with it...

Cleaning - I rinse the outside with fresh water trying not to get any inside the suit. If you do get water in the suit it is no big deal, just flip it inside out and let the inside dry first. Sometimes I have had to flip the suit inside out anyway and just wipe it down because I wore it all day and got some condensation in the suit. So I just wipe it down with a wet wash cloth and let it dry. Then flip it right side out for the outside to dry. If I was diving in pretty nast water I will undo the velcro at the wrists and ankles and make sure that there is no sediment in there (probably a good idea if you are diving Salt water).

To hang it I leave mine unziped and have the legs folded over a rail and just leave it hanging.

Once it is all dry I put a fresh coat of wax on the zipper and just leave it hang there until I need it next...

As far as the boots go I think I would go down a size. I had a similar problem and went down one size and the boots fit me great now...

Enjoy the suit, you will have to let us know what you think after you get to dive it...

Have a good one.

Phil

I have been rinsing mine assembled -- I use a shower head type gadget and let water run down the front and back. So far, no odor, and no salt crystals I've seen between the Lycra and the bag. I hang it on a dry suit hanger for storage.

I had the same problem with the Evo boots, only they don't make them small enough for me, so I had to give them up and go to something else.

Thanx for the input.

I googled the UK/US shoe size conventions.

What about seals. Who folds them in, who just pull them on & let them lie flat.

For wearing the suit? I leave my seals flat.

For wearing the suit? I leave my seals flat.

Sorry, yes I meant while wearing the suit.

But that gave me another thought. Is there any special form of care & maintenance needed for latex seals.

Typically if your suit has latex seals, you leave them flat, if it has neoprene seals you typically would fold them under. As far as maintenance on the seals - we recommend seal saver - which is essentially a seal "lubricant" that keeps the seals soft and supple. Make sure to wax your zipper on a regular basis.

Good luck!
Tyler

For drying I use some aerobics elastic leg toners.
0424-00982-2586-P1.jpg

Easier than dealing with a drysuit hanger. Just loop the booties through the keepers and hang the band over a line or the top of a door.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom