Opinions on the Zeagle Scout BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see this is being pushed as a light weight warm water/travel BC.

Does this BC have enough lift for an average diver with using a 7mm wetsuit and an Al 80 single tank?

Is it rear inflate? It wasn't mentioned in any of the write-ups that I found.

Thanks.

Yes it's rear inflate.

I wouldn't say a 7mm and AL80 is a very tall order. :wink:

The bladder can be switched. Mine came with 24lbs of lift, and I know it can be obtained with more. Fit is customisable. I'm sure Zeagle will be able to answer yes to most of the things you would request.

Go for it all the way

Quality/Price will be very hard to beat. My woman dives a zeagle silhouette and loves it.
yes it is back inflate,and fantastic to travel. Our LDS showed her how to fold it up into a neat little package almost like camping pillow for travel. she dives Al80 and 7Mil no problem and still needs about 20 lb of lead. Only complaint is lack of pockets.

Not really. In this instance a BP/wing is not better if low cost is the major factor.

We are saying the same thing. Truely.

I bought a Scout (old style) and will be diving with it (warm water diving)for the first time next week. Do you Scout users put all your weight in the BCD or do you use a weight belt for most of it and some trim in the back? I think if all the weight is in the back there could be a tendency for instability. I will probably be diving with about 14 lbs, maybe a bit less if the natural BCD bouyancy is less than the rental jacket styles I have used in the past.

If using 14 lbs of lead, I would suggest starting out with a 3lb weight each trim pocket and the rest on a weight belt. My experience is that up to around 6 lbs can be put in the trim pockets without a weight belt, great for warm water diving when 6lbs is fine. When I need more weight, I reluctantly get the weight belt out to add more lbs. It sucks to be fighting too much weight put in the trim pockets, rolling to one side or the other.

I bought a Scout (old style) and will be diving with it (warm water diving)for the first time next week. Do you Scout users put all your weight in the BCD or do you use a weight belt for most of it and some trim in the back? I think if all the weight is in the back there could be a tendency for instability. I will probably be diving with about 14 lbs, maybe a bit less if the natural BCD bouyancy is less than the rental jacket styles I have used in the past.

I have used one since last summer...I use 12# total, 3 & 3 in the BC & 6 on a belt....In your case I would put 6(3 & 3 in the BC) & 8 on a belt..But play around with it---bottom line is I would split it.....

Thanks, I was thinking on those lines. Tips are definitely useful when new in a sport (I have only done 17 dives). It took me years to pick up useful tidbits at the start of my climbing career, now after 31 years of technical rock, ice, and alpine I have figured out a lot of stuff, just in time for my knees to start breaking down. If they get really bad I will have to do a lot of diving!

My son has one. Great simple well constructed BC.

With a steel tank in fresh water, I haven't felt any instability with what weight I need going in the trim pockets of my Scout. In salt water with an aluminium tank, the extra weight goes on a belt.

Back
Top Bottom