monterey questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brihno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys,
Got a couple of questions:
1. what is the water temperature like in monterey in may?
2. are there any places available to camp down there over memorial weekend, or is everything completely zooed out?

the reason I ask is that I am doing an advanced OW dive class right now in school and we were thinking we might try to dive there for our checkout dives.

thanks for your replies

Water temp is in the 50's pretty much year round. As for camping, I haven't a clue. And yes, it is a zoo over Memorial weekend generally. :D Best of luck in your AOW.

Temp 48-52F

The closest I know of is Sunset SB. There are other State Beaches New Brighton. Can make advanced reservations on website. If you have self contained there is Elk Horn Slough Moss Landing SB.

Sunset SB

For camping check out: Campgrounds and Camping Reservations - ReserveAmerica but book early, things go fast. Theres several larger camp grounds in Aptos/Santa Cruz if your up for a short drive.

Ditto on the temps 48-58F. Hey at least they aren't in Kelvin right?

thanks for the replies guys, I guess we will just see what happens, and hey I normally dive in brookings or crescent city which was around 48 F the last time so anything above 50 sounds downright tropical.

besides after diving in hawaii I decided that cold water dives are more intersting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom