Sea&Sea MDX-G9 Camera Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IanW

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm trying to find out some information about the Sea&Sea MDX-G9. I have found a few websites but nothing on Sea and Seas own website.

What I really wanted to know was do you have to use Sea and Sea strobes or could I use my Inon Z-240 (type3) instead?

What synch cable would I need to get (if I used the Inon)?

Does the housing take an add-on macro and/or wide angle lens? Would I need a adapter ring or would they screw straight in?

I hope somebody can help.

HI Ian-
The MDX-G9 housing is not a product offered in the US and may be limited outside of Asia hence the limited information available. The product is listed on the Japanese website and a google translated page is available at this link HERE
It appears that the MDX-G9 accepts a Nikonos style 5 pin connection, has a built-in TTL converter and does accomodate an optional .6x wide-angle lens. Our apologies for the limited information, but SEA&SEA US does not handle this product. Please consult your local UK distributor or SEA&SEA Japan for more detailed information.

Thanks for the reply and for the info.

It looks a great housing, just what I have been looking for. Any idea why its not being sold in the rest of the world (apart from Asia)?

Back
Top Bottom