UW Laser Pointer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JJ1

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has used one - what brands are better, cost, beam colour etc etc etc.........

I've been looking for one in the local LDS's to no avail........

Thanks.

How much do the cost?

Some you se in the convenience stores now are less than $5, you could get one of them and a ziplock and try it out first.

Interested to hear about them...

Jeff Lane

I've seen them in one of the big internet dive outfits catalogs before. I think from Leisure Pro. You might log into their website and do a search.

E bay has them quiet often $15- $25 My wife and I have one each use them to point out small critters in nooks and draw fish in to a area to photograph them some species of fish will chase the dot for a long time

IMHO, the ~30$ pointer should be enough for most things you'd like to do underwater. I don't see a reason why paying ~180$ for a green laser. I have two red laser pointers (20$ each, a year ago from LP)- very simple design no switch- only head rotation and it works fine, although during daytime it is sometimes difficult to see the spot.
I don't know what you're going to do with it, myself I don't like pointing a laser neither at humans nor fish. I use it for aligning my strobes together and they are more than enough for this purpose.

never tried the cheap lasers underwater, but if it works, it works.

i'm not about to go sink a lot of money into a laser, however, the green lasers will be brighter and easier to see.
you'll be able to see the beam at greater distances and your eyes will pick it up faster.
green is the easiest color to see (thats why night vision sights are green)

:eek:ut:

Lasers, Schmazers... I just wish I could keep my mask clear long enough to see ANYTHING...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom