Cape Cod Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaGirlCC

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share with you the great dive I had this past weekend on the wreck of the Port Hunter off of Falmouth, MA. It was a training run for some of the new Dive Cons on The Dive Lockers Charter Boat the Cape Diver. If you get a chance, get out and dive the Cape, there are some great spots there. You can hook up with the Cape Diver Charter boat at www.capedivelocker.com or call the owner Mike at 508-775-1185!

Check out some of the photos from the dive last Saturday 4/26/08 - yes this was really on Cape Cod!

http://capediveclub.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album04

Awesome! I'm jealous.

The Port Hunter is one of my favorite wreck dives in New England. The scale of the sand dune the currents have built up on the side of that wreck is incredible.

The Port Hunter is on a shoal. The depth ranges from about 25 feet on the top of the bow to around 80 feet in the sand at the stern.

If you get a chance to do the dive, it is well worth it. The spring and fall are best, because the vis deteriorates quickly. It is also a tide dependent dive as many of the Cape Cod Wrecks are.

And yes, that is Jerry in the first photo!

Hey, that looks really nice there. Any idea on what the temps were? That isn't too far from me over here in Albany NY.

Scooter McFly

Hey, that looks really nice there. Any idea on what the temps were? That isn't too far from me over here in Albany NY.

Scooter McFly

It is around 48 this time of year. But it warms up quick and in the fall the temps are still in the 70's!

Wow, that was some great pics. I was wondering what type of uw camera were you using. I'm into uw photography too.

Wow, that was some great pics. I was wondering what type of uw camera were you using. I'm into uw photography too.

Thanks! I am actually sort of new at the photography thing and on my second camera. These were taken with my new Sea&Sea DX-1G. I must say when I first bought the camera; I was a little disappointed with the results. But I have been reading a few books and the pictures are getting better!

I shot all the photos from the Port Hunter with ambient light, in RAW, and did a manual white balance. Most photos were shot in about 35-40 of water - no filters. The only downfall so far is the memory the RAW uses on the card and the time - about 5-6 seconds to process each shot. But there is no comparison to how much better the photos are from when I shot in the JPEG format.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom