Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there too - Vis was better on thursday - 15m in the shallows

May 3rd, 2 dives in the Haifa bay.
One was to a large barge, about 100m length, quite nice, cute fish, and a shy stingray that tried to hide (not to well) beneath a beam of some sort.
Depth 30m, Vis about 10m, maybe more. Temp 21C. Total run time is 24min (I'm a total air hog, but wasn't first to turn back).

Second dive was to a Turkish cement carrying ship that sank ca. 1998, beautiful place, tons of fish, cement packs turned into boulders and serve as a nice habitat. Regret not having a camera. Saw something glittering, turned out to be a split ring, turns out it was attached to a Pelican Super Sabrelite flashlight, still in working condition. I really envy the tech guys that did the penetration dive.
Depth 10-13m, Vis 10-15m, Temp 22C. Total run time was 34 minutes, this time a set limit by the DM (was 30m actually, but we stopped to cut some old net and get the weights from it).

Probably my best dives to date in the Med.

Did three dives in a quarry yesterday. Two day and a night dive with the temps around 40-42 degrees at 45'. Viz was horrible though at about 8ft at best. My navigation dive was all dead reckoning.

I will say even though my rented dry suit leaks a little bit around the neck I was warmer than those in 7mm wetsuits. I am guessing that should I purchase one that truly fits me that small problem would go away.

Gilboa quarry yesterday. My first time! Cool to see so many rainbow trouts, catfish, brown trouts, small mouths !! As close as you can get to the ocean experience in the Midwest? It was raining much of the morning, but the sun came out in the afternoon. It would have been nice to have dove when the sun was shining. Next time, I'll look for the paddlefish.

Two dives in Pattaya Thailand on Saturday with a dive club I run. The dive sites were Koh Sak East and West. Vis 7-8m with mild current. Nice warm water at 30c. Shallow dives but good for the Jr. OW that were with us. Good coral. By far Koh Manwichia is better in the area. The current was really ripping so we went for Koh Sak. I really like the Hardeep.

Grevelingen/Dolfirodam
OW checkout dive.:eyebrow:
themp.14C-viz 1-2 meter.54min.

I didn't get to dive today.

Loaded all my gear in the car, only to find out that I had no-one to go diving with... :sadangel:

I was cancelled due to buddys relative having a medical emergency.

Still, tomorrow i should be in the sea for the 2nd time only this year. And solo so get to play with my camera.

Got 4 dives in at Pompano Beach April 28 and 29. Other days water was too rough and they didn't go out. Oh well water temp was 77 and air temp 80. Now back in Central Florida.

Got to do that area again, nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom