Eastern Canada Divers, Add your favorite dive spots to our directory!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that most have been mentioned.., but here's mine.

New Brunswick Deer Island Point. Simply the best in the bay. And down by the point, not across from the old custom station. Love the 'fingers' ~sigh~

Nova Scotia - Wreck of the Letitia, Birchy Head for a shore dive

Newfoundland - Bell Island wrecks. A must see
Gadds Point, Gros Morne Natl Park - a best kept secret. a vertical wall that drops from 30' to over 235'
St Anthony Lighthouse - A little cove off the boardwalk on the left allows easy access to the water, a nice wall dive. Been 110' underwater and could look up and see the clouds.

Go to Welcome To Torpedo Rays Scuba they have a list along with directions and maps of quite a few dive sites in and around the Halifax area. The arrow in Cape Breton is a good dive..there is a wreck in Country Harbour that the name of is escaping me at this time. like mentioned HMCS Sag is great..did a lot of my dive training there. Also with the coastline that NS has just pick a shore and dive it. Thats what I do. (get permission with land owners and have a flag):D

I know that most have been mentioned.., but here's mine.

New Brunswick Deer Island Point. Simply the best in the bay. And down by the point, not across from the old custom station. Love the 'fingers' ~sigh~

Nova Scotia - Wreck of the Letitia, Birchy Head for a shore dive

Newfoundland - Bell Island wrecks. A must see
Gadds Point, Gros Morne Natl Park - a best kept secret. a vertical wall that drops from 30' to over 235'
St Anthony Lighthouse - A little cove off the boardwalk on the left allows easy access to the water, a nice wall dive. Been 110' underwater and could look up and see the clouds.

well i would have to say thats the only place around that area tat you must have dove on , there are plenty of other areas around campobello island, sandy island that are just as good as the point. most of the other diving you need a boat .

I was in the water the morning hurrican Noel hit in November 07. I was an awsome dive. It was calm going in but the surge was over 6ft on the way out. We body surfed to the shore...it was the only way to get out of the water.

Paul

I like Fox Point - not really deep but easy to get in and out... interesting sea life, easy dive for beginners as well.

Anybody dive the west coast of Newfoundland? most of the shops that come up when googled are on the Avalon Peninsula. Any shops or clubs or dive sites around Corner Brook?

There use to be one in Stephenville..., but I have not lived there in a while and don't know if it still open. If you find one and are heading towards Gros Morne.., you have to try to dive Gadds Point..., a 200+ foot vertical wall that starts in 30 feet of water

Hi there is a dive location in eastern QC. on the Gaspe coast near the town of Perce called Ils. Plateau it has two sites (Reefs). The west end of the island reef is around 30 ft. The other is at the other end, This reef can get to around 60 ft. Both abound with sea life, lobsters, crabs, stars, fish and did I mention that the seals may interact with you, just don't be too aggressive

Smuggler's Cove and Sunday Point in southwest Nova Scotia are two of my favorites. there are 14 recorded wrecks in Sunday point, which there is not much remaining of for evidence thanks to our tides, but you do find some cool trinkets, and the marine life around there is nice.
Smugglers Cove is nice in a boat, only 30ft, lots of marine life, lots of history and a cave to explore!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom