more Eilat questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sambo

Reaction score
With any luck I will be in Eilat the 22 and 23.
Any suggestions on diving with dolphins?
Already been to dolphin reef 2 times but
if it's the best place I can go back.
What time is best to dive with dolphins,
I went first thing in the morning.

I read the other post that said snuba
is a good place to dive. I have been
snorkling around the caves and it
was very busy. Where is a good
place to dive around snuba?

thanks for any tips

sam

If you have a chance, cross the border for a day and go to Aqaba. I think you'll find the sites there less crowded and generally in better shape.

Occasionally, one can meet dolphins everywhere in Eilat. However, you need some luck. In order to improve your chances to meed dolphins the best thing is to dive in the Dolphin Reef. Best time? Don't know. First thing in the morning sounds good to me. Just avoid the feeding hours, because you're not going to see a single dolphin during this time...

You can make an excellent Shallow dive (3-5 meters) going from Snuba to the south (Princess Hotel) or to the north (Lighthouse). You won't meet many divers. Most divers don't like this dive because one has to get back to the car a rather long way.. If you don't mind, or have an arrangement with the diving club to pick you up you can tell them where to meet you.

The deep (25-35 meters) area in front of Snuba is nice too. However, take care- it is far away from coast, so you'll be having boats on top of your head so it is not recommended to end the dive there- better going back and surface near the caves. You better take a compass and get good bearings to the shore, and make appropriate gas management so you don't end the dive before you get to a safe area where there are no boats.

The same applies for the deep area (26-35 meters) to the north and to the east of the "sufa" missile boat- very nice reef, many things to see but without a compass you may get confused and forced to end your dive in a dangerous (boats) are.

Let me just say that I agree with Vicky that you can have a great dive around the Sufa, especially to the north-east area (Vicky, correct me if I am wrong) called the Paradise. You'll need good directions and a compass to get there. I also like the Sufa itself and find it a rewarding dive.

By the way, Aqaba is not a bad idea. I hear that there is some great diving there.

Ari :)

The only place in Eilat where they promiss you will see Dolphins.

In front of Snuba and to the north, at the 25 to 30 m deep there is a larg area with table corrals called "Neptun's tables" it's a very recomended dive and normaly not crouded with divers.
Personnaly I'v dived there several times (including a night dive) and allways heapy to go back as it's well preserved.

Also close by is a dive site just under the Uni at eilat called - The University. The area has lot's of soft corrals, and quite shallow (15 m max).

The "Paredise" Reef, east of the "Sufa" (Storm) missile boat, that was sank as an artefitial reef is at the 40m to 55m deep, and require special traning such ad DM or deapt speciality. The near by dive center (Marina Divers) do lot's of technical diving courses and offer Nitrox tanks.

I have a list of all dive centers in Eilat including phones HERE.

Are you sure DJ69?

I dived there more than once and I don't recall these depths. It is an AOW site.

Vicky?

.Me Been there.
.Me.LogBook say deeeeep :)

I'v learned a good lesson there....
Did you know, a 10L tank with only 180 bar is not enoght for a 40m+ decompression dive.
So a small tip for life - If your LP hose explode just when you enter the water, it's not enoght to just replace it. you need to refill the tank back to 200 bar.

Tower: 7-20m
Bridge: 16-21m
Bow --> stern: 21-22m
Inner rooms: 16-26m
Bottom arround ship: 25-27m

So some parts are also allright for OW divers, others better for AOW.
If one wants to go there beyond 27m, he should bring along at least a good shovel, some dinamite sticks, mining equipment etc :D

Perhaps DJ69 was speaking about the "Yaala" which is a glass-bottom boat sunk at 46m, in the coral beach reserve? (And if he meant to the "Sufa" he should get his computer serviced/calibrated ASAP!! Seriously)

Other "wrecks" (small boats) that I know in Eilat are the "Amphibian vehicles" (17-19m, norther beach), "Turkish boat" (20-25m, northern beach) and the "Yatush" (27-32m, Aqua-sport). Other structures include the "Asphalt roller" (20m, north beach) and "the Pyramid" (18-32m, north beach). All of these are accessible by boat with "Marina Divers" or "Deep". In the "university" site there are the remains of what I think is an old recompression chamber at 12-15m, covered with lots of soft corals and abundant with life. A nice and easy place for a night dive (when soft corals are at their best :) )

Although Eilat is not as rich as Sinai, and you don't see the famous infinite walls like RasMuhammad, there's pretty much things to see and dive in Eilat, and it's full of surprises too! Turtles, Eagle rays, Stingrays, Dolphins, huge Moray eels and Congers and lately also a couple of whale-sharks. If you're coming anyway to Eilat don't forget your c-card and insurance and get yourself loaded with some N2 !

Ari once bubbled...
Are you sure DJ69?

I dived there more than once and I don't recall these depths. It is an AOW site.

Vicky?

My dear friend, my buddy, my partner, Ya Rali, Ya Razal, Ya Mualem... :sheik: Ahhh... I miss Sinai...

Well, what is known as The "Paradise" is not a definite area. It is more or less known as all the area that extends north and east of the SUFA SATIL. The best part is the 25-30m area but it extends well beyond these depths the more you go to the east or to the north east (the port area, which ofcourse is dangerous and forbidden to dive in.).

And... is your tank full? Seems that saturday we will dive.

Thank you everyone for you replies.
While I do have AOW, only have 19 dives
so I watch guages very close for time and
air.

Any chance of getting any dives in at
Tel Aviv after work during the week
before going to Eilat Thursday night?

Thank you again

sam

Back
Top Bottom