Tips for all going to Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thank you so much for this. my brother also turned me on to this site: scubatravel.co.uk

I am in Israel now. I am a rock climber/scuba diver and both are some of the best in this part of the world.

Can you give me a number to a place so that I can book some dives in egypt?

I would like to go soon.

thanks,
Joni
Joni,
Where do you like to dive in Egypt?

Saw your tips section and I have a question about ice. What about the ice at major hotel chains? We will be staying at the Marriot in Cairo, is their ice from tap water also? What about the ice at the Camel Hotel in Sharm is that also to be avoided?

Regards,

Bill

I would avoid ice becasue it is made of tap water. Do I donąt drink anzthing with ice + unless I have a fridge in the room and make ice myself form bottled water.

Hi, since the last post was May 8, and it was regarding ice LOL...:)

I will be staying at Hilton Hotel at Dahab and after that at the Renaissance hotel in Sharm at the end of September 2008.

I was wondering, can anybody suggest a good diving shop for both sites for me?

Thank you very much and regards to all

I have been in Dahab for about a week, looking for a job, I have been getting the low down on who to work for and who to steer clear of.

From the majority of people, Posiedon Dive Centre are excellent, Sea Dancer are also good, and Inmo are one of the best.

Lionel at Ocean College, in Ganet Sinai is a great guy too.

In Sharm? Oh boy! There are hundreds. I have worked for Camel & Emperor Divers. Both are ethical and professional.

Depends on also what you want to do when you are here/there. Hairy-arsed diving is possible, as is 10m for an hour bimbles.

Thx a lot for your feedback, on a different story, is Hilton Hotel a good choice ?

What about the Sinai Divers diving centers are those a rip off ?

Will you be working in Dahab ?

Any idea of the "normal price" for a dive ?

I will try to do 6 dives in Dahad, Maybe 8~10 in Sharm and will try to do the The Thistlegorm.

Last question, Are they DIN or YOKE ?

thx a lot for the answers :)

Thx a lot for your feedback, on a different story, is Hilton Hotel a good choice ?
Hilton's are standard across the world - generally.

But you are off the end of the "Strip" of hub bub and life.
That isnt to say, if you enjoy walking you cant walk to the main area in 15 mins, or get a taxi.
But that end is the majority of Russians and wind surfers.

What about the Sinai Divers diving centers are those a rip off ?

I have heard nothing bad about Sinai Divers. Neither in Sharm or Dahab. so, I couldnt comment. But I am an instructor, so it would be unethical for me to slate a dive centre due to heresay.

Will you be working in Dahab ?
That is the plan. I have an apartment here and the cost of living is conducive with being an instructor here. Its quiet here at the moment, but Im sure it will pick up.

Any idea of the "normal price" for a dive ?
Difficult to say, bearing in mind where you want to go, what gear you need and what level of service you want.

I paid €22 for the one dive I did pay for and it was excellent.
The majority of the dives are shore based. You can do boat diving, but sometimes its more fun to do the camel safari or the jeep safari ... but only sometimes :wink:
I will try to do 6 dives in Dahad, Maybe 8~10 in Sharm and will try to do the The Thistlegorm.
Last question, Are they DIN or YOKE ?
thx a lot for the answers :)

Both.
The gauges (if you use theirs), will be in metric. so brush up on your 14.7 times table if you want to convert into imperial :wink:

Its a cool place to chill out.

You will enjoy it loads.

sharm is a different matter, but I will let others extol that set of virtues to you, as I dont like the place for its hustle and bustle.

how is it like for a single female traveling to egypt by self?

how is it like for a single female traveling to egypt by self? of course for diving and then there is to see some old rocks in oriented in a triangular matter and sandsurfing.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom