LeisurePro purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah.... that kind of reminds me of a dive shop that recently went out of business.... a bunch of other people were complaining on an internet forum that it was internet dive sales that put the shop out of business.... I thought that was kinda ironic.....

Try getting your air online!

That's simpler than it sounds buy a compressor from a online dealer once delivered effectively you have purchased your airfills online.

Too expensive?
Maybe not if you are willing to be creative...
Start a not for profit corp for the divers in your area. Charge annual dues equal to the costs to run and maintain the compressor divided among all members.
The organization could be used to do other things like group trips and equipment purchases.
Do you really need a LDS?
Maybe a instructor/member could work with the group.
Call it a anti-business model.

That's simpler than it sounds buy a compressor from a online dealer once delivered effectively you have purchased your airfills online.

Too expensive?
Start a not for profit corp for the divers in your area. Charge annual dues equal to the costs to run and maintain the compressor divided among all members.
The organization could be used to do other things like group trips and equipment purchases.

That is a pretty good suggestion. It could work, and an inexpensive compressor station is only 3500, between 10 people it is 350 and you get all the air you want for life. It would pay for itself after 50 tanks. for avid divers it would be a cost savings in the long run.

Buying online is for rich easy to please people with patients to wait for shipping, handling, and unforeseen delays. Able to repack unfitting items and return them for another size wait for another attempt to try one on.

Me i always seem to get the wrong color, size, style, or worse yet, "sorry we are out" but it's on back order.

So what size suit should I order? and boots, and gloves, and bc (i've never had one on).
this one manufacturer has 12 sizes listed and shouldn't I wait for the wetsuit to come in before I try on bc's to make sure it fits over the suit? if the suit fits.
I dont want a (johnny cash - one piece at a time) diving setup when im 90
no mater how much I save.

when I was a kid my mother bought mail order shoes for my brother and I. While my brother grew into his shoes I grew out of mine over night (wore them once) and could NOT return them.

Because people are too willing to buy GRAY MARKET, Brick and Mortar shops have to inflate prices to stay in business.
It is NOT the manufacturers fault the gray market exists.

Hey now, just hold the bs.

How many people are out there that live within a reasonable distance from a dive shop and how many dive shops stock every size and color or a product.

I have never walked into a dive shop and been able to buy what I wanted so I still had to wait for something to ship and then drive back to the shop. For me I have 3 shops around and all are at least 85 miles away. Then add in the higher prices and suddenly paying $35 to get something shipped is reasonable.

I know several shops that are not even open on the weekend so then that means I have to take off work to drive 80 miles each way so I use 7 gallons of gas minimum
to spend more money on a product that likely wont be in stock. Of course I can get around this by calling ahead of time and ordering said product however I still need to know which size and then if its the wrong size the place may not exchange it depending on the cost and popularity.

I get around and avoid the LDS at all cost accept for scubapro regs which I buy maybe once or twice a year unless I can find a good used deal on ebay. VIP are all done in conjunction with the dive teams tanks so we VIP 20-40 at a time and take a trip to a friend who used to own a shop that closed. Hydros are done without 3rd party interruption by going straight to the hydro facility. Air/nitrox is pumped by the guys around here that I dive with and the FD gives out air free.

If scubapro would stop being such a political issue I would never need to shop at a shop again.

Too expensive?

There you have it, another LDS springing up.

Too expensive?

Could well work, until the first time it breaks down and needs servicing. Then the cat fighting begins...

Hey now, just hold the bs.

How many people are out there that live within a reasonable distance from a dive shop and how many dive shops stock every size and color or a product.

I have never walked into a dive shop and been able to buy what I wanted so I still had to wait for something to ship and then drive back to the shop. For me I have 3 shops around and all are at least 85 miles away. Then add in the higher prices and suddenly paying $35 to get something shipped is reasonable.

I know several shops that are not even open on the weekend so then that means I have to take off work to drive 80 miles each way so I use 7 gallons of gas minimum
to spend more money on a product that likely wont be in stock. Of course I can get around this by calling ahead of time and ordering said product however I still need to know which size and then if its the wrong size the place may not exchange it depending on the cost and popularity.

I get around and avoid the LDS at all cost accept for scubapro regs which I buy maybe once or twice a year unless I can find a good used deal on ebay. VIP are all done in conjunction with the dive teams tanks so we VIP 20-40 at a time and take a trip to a friend who used to own a shop that closed. Hydros are done without 3rd party interruption by going straight to the hydro facility. Air/nitrox is pumped by the guys around here that I dive with and the FD gives out air free.

If scubapro would stop being such a political issue I would never need to shop at a shop again.

I'm not blaming you, in fact you have a very valid reason to buy online. Me, I cannot afford LDS prices and don't want to waive warranty. So I have NO PLACE to buy.

It's just that due to economy, more people are waiving warranty buying GRAY MARKET goods.

I can buy "authorized" online but the cost is very near LDS price.

This is all still just tomato tomotto
And I still can't get wet!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom