Curacao Dive Festival meet and dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curacao Sunshine

Contributor
Reaction score
Currently Westpunt, Curacao NA Previously Goffs
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi anyone headed to Curacao at the end of May. The dive Festival is from May 25th to 30th. While there are scheduled presentations and seminars at Breezes, Habitat, the Sea Aquarium, Lions Dive, Sunset Waters, the Hilton, the Lodge Kura Hulanda and the Avila Hotel, there are no planned dives. The workshops and movie showing at the Lodge are on Wednesday, May 28th. If anyone is interested, I did exchange posts with RiffRaff2 in April, maybe we can set up a shore dive or two on the west end and then come back to our place for salad, pizzas and drinks. Andreas at Ocean Encounters West usually reads these posts, perhaps he can arrange for a scubaboard boat to Watamula and you can see what the hype is all about. The workshops that day are (at 4PM) How to Improve your underwater photography skills and (at 5PM) Environmental & Marine Art Painting. There is a happy hour at the Lodge from 6 to 7PM.
If you are interested, let me know. If not, I hope to meet some of you at one of the planned events. Sunshine

Hi Sunshine,

I will check with Ruud and Tanya, if we have the resources to offer something outside the regular schedule during the Curacao Dive Festival, and let ScubaBoard members know - but I cannot promise anything right now.

Greetings
Andreas

Hello Andreas, see you on Curacao during the festival. Just one week away. Looking forward to it.

Hi devilfish,

See you next week, then :)

It seems that on Wednesday we are going to organize for a boat to go to Mushroom Forest and Watamula in the morning, and another one to Watamula in the afternoon. We are also thinking of offering a free tank for a nice shore dive on Alice in Wonderland to those joining our boat dives before or afterwards. As soon as we made up the official offer, I will let you know!

Kind regards from Curacao
Andreas

Hey Andreas how much for just the shore dive? I have half the day off work but I dont think I'll make it down in time for the boat dive in the pm. Also what time would y'all be visiting Alice?

Don

Hello everybody,

Now we worked out our Special Offer for the Curacao Dive Festival (24th to 31st of May 2008):

During the whole week - join us on one of our boat dives, and get free tanks on the same day to dive our house reef "Alice in Wonderland"! When only shore diving, rent one tank and get a second tank free of charge!

On Wednesday, 28th of May, we change our regular boat diving schedule: In the morning we offer a 2-tank-trip to Mushroom Forest and Watamula (departure at Playa Kalki at 8:30 am), in the afternoon an additional 1-tank-trip to Watamula (departure at Playa Kalki at 2:00 pm). After the dives you may want to attend the workshops at Kura Hulanda Lodge.

If you want to make a reservation for dives with us during the Curacao Dive Festival, please send us an email to diveshop@oceanencounterswest.com.

For more information on the Curacao Dive Festival and the workshops and events offered, please have a look at Curaçao Dive Festival. Don't forget that you need to register for the events and workshops during the festival - you can do this online on the festival's homepage.

I hope to see many of you next week on Curacao and in Westpoint,

Andreas
..:: Ocean Encounters West ::..

Hi folks,

If you're in Curacao for the Dive Festival, join us at the Scubaboarders meet and greet on Sunday 25 May, at The Dive Bus Hut / Surf and Turf restaurant next to Breezes Hotel.

From 1.30pm ish, swing by and meet fellow Scubaboarders and divers, enjoy a tasty BBQ and allow us to introduce you to the delights of the local beer (as long as you're done diving for the day of course).

The Dive Bus is running a special dive trip schedule during the Dive Festival week, to East- and West- dive spots, including dropping off at the various Dive Festival activities. Go here for more information or swing by and say hi:
The Dive Bus - Curacao Dive Festival 2008

If we don't get to see you, have a FANATASTIC week of diving in Curacao :eek:)

All best
Suzy

Suzy and Andreas
I think it's wonderful that you are organizing dives for the Dive Festival. It will offer participants a greater variety of dive sites. For anyone attending; both Mushroom Forest and Watamula are excellent sites but only done as boat dives. The Dive Bus offers shore dives to sites not necessarily done by the dive boat operators. Look at all the schedules when planning your week especially if you are staying in Willemstad. Curacao Actief has a great web site; go to Home, Beaches and More, and then 80 dive sites. Unfortunately they are listed alphabetically and not by location but it does list the site number on the dive and drive map which you can get when you pick up your rental car. Enjoy the week! Sunshine

Check also my website for shore dive locations. They are arranged from East to West.
Direct link: Dive locations / Dive sites / Welcome to the Curacao Diving Paradise - Curacao Diving Paradise

Not all dive sites but the ones I did dive and found interesting. Playa Kalki and Directors Bay are missing because I don't want to park my car there. Too big a risk.
Same for Watamula if you want to do that site as a shore dive (advanced divers only!).

Have fun next week. I took the week of the dive festival off so I will be diving every day. Although I have visited most Curacao dive sites multiple times, they never disappoint me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom