Proof of SSI certs and specialties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eartaker

Reaction score
I am an Advanced Diver under SSI and I am in need of paperwork stating that I have the specialties that are stated on my C-card. Any ideas on how i can get this information?

The specialties listed on your c-card should be fine should suffice as proof of completion. That's sorta the point of them being there. Just out of curiosity, who or what needs a paper copy stating the same thing that is on the c-card?

I am trying to take my master divers course with PADI

PADI doesn't have a master diver course. They have a master diver certification that is useless. To get it, you must have PADI specialties. SSI specialties don't count toward a PADI master diver certification.

I'm pretty sure you can walk into any SSI dive shop and ask for said 'proof'. I'm surprised they don't accept the little stickers on your main card. However, if you ask them they can issue a separate card (one for each specialty). Will that suffice?
SSI doesn't have an 'online way to view your certs', but I believe any LDS (non-SSI ones too) can call up SSI and look up your information to verify. So just have the PADI store that's teaching you divemaster call up SSI and give your info...

I'm SSI BOW/Nitrox only and have no interest in getting further training from SSI, but when do you have to show specialties?

SSI Divers may print out their certifications from the SSI home page. Go to http://www.divessi.com/home nd click on MySSI. Now click on ONLine Check, click the agreement box and then enter your first name, last name and DOB (Make sure it's in the right format) You should get a list of all the SSI specialties you have. Print it out that should suffice as proof. You can even print temp cards if you've lost your c-card. PADI requires DiveMaster candidates have proof of Advanced certification and Rescue Diver Cert, which SSI treats as a specialty. Good Luck with your course.

yes you are correct I meant to say dive master

Do not need any specialties for divemaster..need rescue and I believe 60 logged dives..
For the "master diver" certification need 5 PADI specialties and PADI rescue to be rewarded with the card.

Back
Top Bottom