Where to dive in New England?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mighty Thor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are planning a vacation this summer and considering places like Boston, Newport, Block Island, Nantucket, Maine, etc. (For the record, I wanted to go to the Keys, but my wife wants to stay within driving distance of the kids) Does anyone know of an area where the diving is particularly better than the other areas, so I can turn this trip into a diving vacation?

Ide recommend Gloucester - Folley Cove - Magnolia Rocks since you will be near by in Boston.

There are a few dive charters in the Cape Ann area. Check out Cape Ann Divers (http://www.capeanndivers.com/) or Daybreaker (Fran Marcoux) at 508-335-6339 (no website). For shore dives, make sure you're familiar with the current dive flag laws in Gloucester, I don't know how strictly they're enforced, but each diver is supposed to pull their own.

Enjoy your vacation!

Depending on where you stay.. there is some good diving around Block Island. (I have not used any charters from the actual island..) Canned Air out of Pt. Judith is my typical ride.

Back
Top Bottom