BP/W with harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's actually Higher than Blue H territory!

I didn't pay quite that much for my Halcyon. Which I love by the way. Hubby has singles and doubles sets and he loves it also.

But I refuse to pay for their weight pockets. I use XSScuba trim pockets on my back along the cam and right up against the tank. I don't need ditchable weights.

I happen to like the blue H , It gives it some color :D.

That's actually Higher than Blue H territory!

No, not anymore...

scubamickey, have you seen that EE has a special edition run of the Eclipse with blue accents? Check their homepage.

No, not anymore...

scubamickey, have you seen that EE has a special edition run of the Eclipse with blue accents? Check their homepage.

It doesn't look any different from mine. Unless you mean the one with the electric blue accents. A little too...electric for me.

My hubby is proud of the fact that he uses his so much that the blue H is worn grey everywhere :D.

You realize that you can put a LH shoulder release into a standard Hog harness. Get a metal buckle and simply install it in the LH shoulder harness. Due to a long ago shoulder entry one of my rigs is set up that way to ease getting the rig over my shoulder. A simple weight belt provides the ditchable weight. Simple is good, really simple is gooder. N

Quick update:
I got a nice deal on the low-end halcyon (BP, eclipse, STA, webbing / rings) combo. So I grabbed it. I ordered a deluxe harness online, and picked up some pull-ditch weight pockets. I am entirely non-DIR, and for now I'm not concerned about it.
I have the hog harness If I ever decide to take a fundies class... But I tried wearing the basic hog setup with my 7mm and all I can say is "It's a pain in the butt to get into these things". So I'm gonna stick with the deluxe (adjustable) harness for now, which I can tighten AFTER I put it on.

Great to hear that you finally bought yourself a nice new toy. Its always exciting :14:

I'm not commenting on your decision to use a deluxe style harness as we should all go with what works for us, but I would like to say that I LIKE the fact that you don't have to adjust a hog harness.

With my jacket BCD I hated having to get into it and cinch down the straps, get into the water and pull them tighter, get down to depth and pull them tighter after wetsuit compression. With my hog harness I simply slide in and am done! Don't have to touch my harness again until I get out of the water.

Of course, I don't find it hard to get into my harness and I'm sure that if I struggled as you say that you do I might have a different view.

Anyway, enjoy the kit and I hope you get it very, very wet as often as possible. :D

Back
Top Bottom