Just got back from Cay Sal Bank on Nekton Rorqual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lyonsce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got back from the Cay Sal Bank trip on the Nekton Rorqual. It was a fantastic trip. The Nekton Rorqual is a wonderful boat and the crew was excellent. The food was very good and the diving was great. I have attached a few pix...

Attachments

• IMAG0015.JPG
    IMAG0015.JPG
    357.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0043.JPG
    IMAG0043.JPG
    396.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMAG0066.JPG
    IMAG0066.JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMAG0127.JPG
    IMAG0127.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMAG0151.JPG
    IMAG0151.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 369
  • IMAG0176.JPG
    IMAG0176.JPG
    385 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0243.JPG
    IMAG0243.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
We were scheduled to be on the Cay Sal itinerary leaving this past Saturday. But then I went ahead and had a heart attack (March 2). Needless to say we had to cancel our trip.

Sure am glad to hear that the itinerary is a good one though. Been on all the other Nekton itins except for the PR/USVI and was really looking forward to this one.

Working hard at rehab so that maybe next year I can pass the physical and re-book the itinerary and finally see the Cay Cal Banks.

Thanks for your report.

MJ

I had the heart attack thing in 2005 so I feel your pain. Hang in there it will get better and you will dive again. Good luck.....

I have a Sea and Sea DX 8000G with a Sea and Sea YS 27DX strobe. All the pix were taken with the strobe...

I worked on the Rorqual a few years ago.
It was hard work but, did some great diving and San Salvador was my favorite.
I'm glad you had a good time. Liveaboards are the way to go.

Is the Rorqual doing San Salvador on the Cay Sal itinerary? I worked on the Pilot for many years but only did San Salvador on the Southern Bahamas itinerary. It would seem like too great a distance, but it has been a number of years...
I worked on the Rorqual a few years ago.
It was hard work but, did some great diving and San Salvador was my favorite.
I'm glad you had a good time. Liveaboards are the way to go.

Is the Rorqual doing San Salvador on the Cay Sal itinerary? I worked on the Pilot for many years but only did San Salvador on the Southern Bahamas itinerary. It would seem like too great a distance, but it has been a number of years...

nope, Cay Sal is too far away to do the San Salvador area. And since the Nekton doesn't do the Southern Bahamas itinerary anymore, the only other liveaboard is the Explorer Ventures boat.

robin:D

I didn´t think it was possible, but the post prior to mine made it sound like it was something they were doing. I probably misread the post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom