NAUI Master/Rescue To PADI DiveMaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leabre

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings,

The way things worked out I ended up with my NAUI OW until Rescue/Master Diver. I am considering going Dive Master. It is hard to find a NAUI instructor here in OC California. Granted, I haven't looked very hard, but with minimal effort, going through shops prefer PADI. No biggie for me.

Will I have to Put Another Dollar In and catch up with some classes (like EFR that NAUI doesn't seem to have or does it, I just did Red Cross) and so on?

Thanks,
Shawn

Don't know about porting a NAUI cert to a PADI cert, but specifically with respect to the EFR, PADI accepts CPR/AED and First Aid from the Red Cross as a valid proof of EFR training. Just make sure your certifications are still valid.

There's a store locater on the NAUI page here:

NAUI Dive Center Locator

NAUI does have their own first aid/CPR course but will accept Red Cross or most others.

One of the PADI folks will have to answer for the PADI policies.

As long as your first aid/ CPR are current, you should be good to go. The other courses meet the requirements.
from PADI Website:
PADI Divemasters

• Work with local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
  • Assist PADI Instructors with scuba classes
  • Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
  • Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
  • Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
  • Conduct Discover Local Diving orientations
  • Teach The Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Course after successfully completing a Digital Underwater Specialty Instructor Training Course.
  • Teach Emergency First Response CPR and First Aid programs after completing the Emergency First Response instructor training program.
Prerequisites:

• PADI Rescue Diver certification or qualifying certification from another organization
  • 20 logged dives
What it takes:

• Learn dive leadership skills through classroom sessions and by using the PADI Divemaster Manual and Video.
  • Complete a series of waterskills and stamina exercises in confined and open water environments.
  • Three required training exercises that test organizational and problem solving abilities.

1. Mapping a dive site, including underwater and surface features
    2. Equipment exchange: demonstrate the ability to solve unanticipated problems underwater
    3. Conduct a simulated or actual class, under the supervision of a PADI Instructor

• Internship or Practical Training Exercises (choose one)
    • Internship: hands-on experience supervising and assisting divers in actual PADI programs, under the guidance of a PADI Instructor
    • Practical Training Exercises: simulated scenarios in supervising and assisting divers, under the supervision of a PADI Instructor
  • Must have a minimum of 60 logged dives to complete the PADI Divemaster course.

You must also Submit proof of Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) training
(or other qualifying CPR/first aid training) within the last 24 months. You must also have a medical form on file.

Having already completed the NAUI Master Diver cert will make the academics part easy for you as the theory, physics and physiology won't be anything new to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom