Housing Rebel XTI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seatool does have a wide angle port for the Canon 10-22 - SLDP-170WC. Have you talked to Ryan at Reef Photo about your needs? I think the Seatool is nice little housing.

scared silly thanks i've been looking at backscatter, but i'll check out reef photo

I'd have to put in a plus one vote for Ikelite. Extremely good housings and excellent customer service. Their housings support a huge range of lenses so you pretty much don't need to worry about that.

As said above, for the main, a housing doesn't flood because of the brand it is - it floods because the user did a dodo :wink:

You might consider Subal, too. I have these and they are very nice, if pricey.

I adore the form factor of the SeaTool housings so these might be a good choice. It's a little frustrating that they don't support the awesome and versatile Sigma 17-70, but you can't have everything, I guess.

For lenses, yes, a zoom such as the 10-22 will be more versatile than a prime such as the 20. It's the nature of a zoom to be more versatile.

You can have a look in the Sticky at the top of the UW Photo area as inside you will find tons of information and links to various systems and also a breakdown of the most popular lenses/lens ranges to help guide you in getting started. You can get there via the Pink Link in my signature.

B&H Photo has excellent prices as well. What's your budget, if you don't mind me asking. Two strobes or one? This will give us a bit of direction.

just so know, if you do like seatool housing, you can get a subal port adapter and use subal ports on the seatool housing.

the seatool housing are the smallest on the market.

That budget puts out the Subal :wink:

And, yes, one cool thing about the SeaTool's is they do have adaptors for other ports now so it gives them more flexibility that just the SeaTool offerings.

Contacting the gang at Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros is an excellent piece of advice - they've seen it all, played with it all and heard it all. They'll be able to take your needs, wants and budget into consideration and point you in the right direction. Then all you need to do is wait for Big Brown :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom