Search and Recovery info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivrBikr

Registered
Reaction score
Melbourne Beach, FL (still from Colorado!)
# of dives
100 - 199
'Tis the new guy again...

I'm looking for some local knowledge regarding Search & Recovery. Other than reading the basic PADI stuff, can anyone lend some guidance?
Are there any specialty instructors out there, any known areas for training (Central Colorado), any anything else...?

Thanks

georoc is correct. I suspect every store has at least one instructor who conducts the Search and Recovery course or equivalent. The last one I did was in Aurora Reservoir.

It can be a fun course. We usually include things like search patterns, how to triangulate to find something small, how to jury-rig lift devices from grocery supplies, etc. etc. Of course, it’s somewhat artificial in that everything you recover is something we plant. (Well, almost everything.)

Recreational agencies’ courses are not designed to turn you into a commercial diver, so you should also be cautioned against diving in polluted water, diving in marinas, etc.

enjoy

Thank you
Guess I'll start looking a little deeper (no pun intended) into this and see what I can find out. I don't want to go commercial, but turning something fun into something that could help others would be rewarding to me. Thanks again.

I can run you through an ERDI (emergency response diver program) here in Greeley at Tortuga Bay. This program beyond the recreational side of search and recovery. With this cert. you can be on a team for search and rescue or you can be an independent. You will learn opps. such as full face mask, and drysuit, crime scene investigation, rapid water opps ice diving and much more.

I can be reach at 970-353-3337 Tortuga Bay

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom