Any Runners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lmwb_1977

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Start training tomorrow for the Dallas Marathon in December, its a Boston qualifier... any one interested in training? We can end the running with a dive...

Start training tomorrow for the Dallas Marathon in December, its a Boston qualifier... any one interested in training? We can end the running with a dive...

Best of luck. Maybe Ill see you there, its on my event list. I have done a half, but never a full so should be interesting. I was going to do it last year, but ended up with some knee issues with the amount of miles I was doing, so had to stop running for a while.

Are you talking about the White Rock Marathon?

Ahhhhhh..... I remember the days......In my 30's and 40's
Young and Beautuful....
Now I have to be content with just being Beautiful :wink:

Be good to your knees, You'll miss them when they are gone :D

I was more of a 10K and Turkey trot sort of guy myself.
37:41 was my best 10K and I did the Turkey trot with 6:18 splts but anything more then 15 miles I just crapped out usually. 'gotta hold that pace to do Boston you know. :wink:
It's a good time to run here though ' cause it's starting to get hot and I like that .

Cold Scuba Dives and Hot Road Running..... Both Solo ......

What a beautiful World !!!

Best of luck. Maybe Ill see you there, its on my event list. I have done a half, but never a full so should be interesting. I was going to do it last year, but ended up with some knee issues with the amount of miles I was doing, so had to stop running for a while.

ea Ive only done a half as well. This is my last shot, as in my opinion once they give me 4 hours to qualify then Im not doing it lol ...

Yes its on December 14th I think, 100 bucks to get in 3 hours 40 mins to qualify for me :D

Better bundle up well, then, because it will be colder than kraut that day. Last year, it was cold and wet with sleet. :11:

Ahhhhhh..... I remember the days......In my 30's and 40's
Young and Beautuful....
Now I have to be content with just being Beautiful :wink:

Be good to your knees, You'll miss them when they are gone :D

I was more of a 10K and Turkey trot sort of guy myself.
37:41 was my best 10K and I did the Turkey trot with 6:18 splts but anything more then 15 miles I just crapped out usually. 'gotta hold that pace to do Boston you know. :wink:
It's a good time to run here though ' cause it's starting to get hot and I like that .

Cold Scuba Dives and Hot Road Running..... Both Solo ......

What a beautiful World !!!

Im opposite, cold running hot diving. Its going to suck to train in this heat, but Im so far from ready. My daughter is training to, shes doing the half marathon which is cooler in my mind. Whats sad is her time will be better then mine lol :D

It'd be a good idea not to overexert yourself before a dive if you plan on doing anything that could be of decent depth and time (dehydration is a leading factor to DCS). I would recommend diving, then a marathon of Red Bull and vodka, you'll probably feel the same by the end of the night.

I'll be training for the half - San Antonio Rock n Roll and White Rock. (I need to start!) Did it last year - in the rain and sleet. I once had a desire to train for a full, but then I ran a half and dont really want to do twice that much. Maybe after I run a few more halfs (injury free).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom