Lake Perris Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ResQDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hello all.
I have to work at Lake Perris in CA this comming week. Could anyone provide me with a local dive shop to rent equipment. I will be flying into LAX and possibly traveling to Lake Arrowhead as well after the Perris Job.
Also any description of the lake conditions this time of year would be helpfull.
Thanks and stay safe

hello all.
I have to work at Lake Perris in CA this comming week. Could anyone provide me with a local dive shop to rent equipment. I will be flying into LAX and possibly traveling to Lake Arrowhead as well after the Perris Job.
Also any description of the lake conditions this time of year would be helpfull.
Thanks and stay safe

Lake Perris is not worth a tank of air... First off, the water level is way down~ you'd be lucky to get to 20ft.. 2nd, its silty/murky... 3rd nothing to see...
Also, from what I understand its now closed to diving (tho i'm not 100% sure~ just what I heard at the dive shop).

Lake Perris is vile! It is an altitude dive too (I forget exactly how high it is, not too). I HAD to dive there for my Instructor Exam. Viz was nothing. It was gross and I hated to take my self or my gear into it.

Why not drive a couple of hours and hit the Pacific Ocean?

Never dove Lake Arrowhead, so I can't speak for that.

Wileys in Riverside is close- 951-682-3483.

Vis will be in the 5 ft range, warm enough that the algae should be showing up and the water will be getting green.

Operated by State Parks, contact them to verify if it's open to diving-
Lake Perris SRA

Not sure about arrowhead, but think it's private.

If you're diving for fun head for the ocean, not too far from there. If it's work, make sure you have a couple of cutting instruments for the fishing line.

I hope I have time to do some recreational diving.... This trip to Perris is a work dive.
Thank you for all the heads up. If I get a chance on the return trip to get any recreational diving in I will post and see if we can get together and splash in the Ocean a bit.
Thanks again
Chris
Fas-Dam - Portable Cofferdam Systems <---- This is what I will be "working" with at the lake. This trip is just a survey then we will return to install it for the contractors.
Cya around

Lake Perris is vile! It is an altitude dive too (I forget exactly how high it is, not too). I HAD to dive there for my Instructor Exam. Viz was nothing. It was gross and I hated to take my self or my gear into it.

I wonder if you were in the same IE as me. We went to Lake Perris, the vis was so bad that the three of us (examiner and my buddy) were huddled around the descent line like it was a warming fire, in order to keep each other and the line in view.

Back
Top Bottom