Zeagle Escape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove my new 2008 Escape this weekend w/ 24 lbs of weight and liked it. I bought the Escape because I wanted something that was small for travel, but could still handle a good amount of weight for midwest diving. I also wanted the back inflate. At a price of about $300 it fit the bill.

When diving local I put in the front weight pockets and load up the front and rear pockets.

On tropical dives I plan on leaving the front pockets at home (save a bit of space...) and just use the rear trim pockets.

I'm still split if I should have got a Brigade so I would have the option of adding a larger bladder and running doubles. But I figure I will get a BP/W sooner or later and set it up for doubles.

Thanks for mentioning removing the front pockets... I never noticed that was an option.

From what I've read, you should be able to removed the bladder and use with with a BP/W setup if you feel so led... :) Admittedly it might be a bit small for doubles...

Thanks for mentioning removing the front pockets... I never noticed that was an option.

From what I've read, you should be able to removed the bladder and use with with a BP/W setup if you feel so led... :) Admittedly it might be a bit small for doubles...
I think I worded that bad, just the front quick release weight pockets. The normal pockets stay.

You still don't want to carry all of your weight in the rear pockets - as has already been mentioned, you'll find it very unstable, especially if you have any significant amount of weight there at all.

Either put a smaller amount of weight in the front pockets only, or, regardless of the total weight - put 1/3 in each front pocket, with the remaining 1/3 divided between the rear pockets. That's the set-up I've found works best of all.

Back
Top Bottom