Need Help!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

securitydiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for a "singles" or at least "singles friendly" dive trip to take in August. I am currently in Afghanistan but I am not able to check out too many websites to get any info, the Army has blocked anything to do with singles or dating. This is very frustrating being stuck over here, given vacation time but have little way to plan the vacation. I really dont want to book a trip where I will be surrounded by married couples, I hate feeling like the 3rd wheel. Any advice or answers would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your help...

Mike

Welcome to the board Mike and thank you for you service.
It depends on what you define as single friendly. If you mean a place where there are a lot of single (traveling alone) divers, then it is somewhat more difficult for find these places. On the other hand, if you mean a place where a single diver is welcome, most any resort is single diver friendly. The big issue is the single diver penelty you end up paying by traveling alone. A good option is to join an organized trip with a dive shop near your home. They most always have other single divers traveling alone that need a roomie and you don't have to travel alone. Plus you have a built in buddy when you arrive. If you must travel alone and Boniare would be some place you would like to go, try emailing Liz at Golden Reef Inn (aka Dvrliz1 on this board). She may be able to help you with a room and finding buddies on Bonaire is usually fairly easy. To find a buddy before you go, try posting on Bonaire Talk, Bonaire Talk - The place to discuss everything and anything about Bonaire! I have had success simply asking if anyone is on island at the same time and would like to have another diver join them

You're already right next door to the best spot for "singles" and diving.

Sharm el Sheik, Egypt.

Dive your brains out~ wrecks and sharks... and at night? I guess I'm just not used to what European women are allowed out wearing in public. :wink: {Just where do you buy a sun dress made of 1" metal squares loosely linked together and matching 6" heels, anyway?}

Holy spit. :gorgeous: Very easy to make friends there.

there is a website called www.singlediver.com a great lady named camela owns the company and runs some fantastic trips. its not so much for getting a date, but just having a buddy to dive with. would also reccommend a liveaboard dive cruise such as Aggressor, I would say the Dancer fleet, but Aggressor just purchased Peter Hughes Diving so Coke bought Pepsi sort of speak. Anyway thats my advise.
Take care
Margo

securitydiver,

We actually of a group of "single divers" who will be here the 23-30 of August. They are a great group. As of right now there are 8 of them, but we expect a total of 10 or more.

Liz

I checked out the singledivers.com web site and it looks pretty good. Has anyone on this forum gone on any trips with them and what did you think if so?

Thanks
Anthony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom