Red Sea, Jeddah 23 May 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi sorry to hijack tread but i see sharx doesnt live in KSA but does any one else reading this? I will prob be moving to Jeddha in March 09 and want to know how diving operates there and where to get started.
Regards Andy

Hi Sharx, i just managed to look at the link for Jeddah. Nice shots you are taking, what set up have you got? Also cool video of the whale sharks.
Any info you can give on KSA diving will be greatly recieved. Keep up the good work with that camera.

andshand - Yes, I dive with Desert Sea Divers, link provided by Aruba1 above. I contacted several dive centres in Jeddah, none of them replied but DSD. They have been very responsive whether it's email or phone call. The only feedback I would give is probably the lack of dive guides. Both times, there was only one guide on the boat of 16 divers. We are expected to dive on our own with our buddy. Yes, we were taught in our course that we can dive independently with a buddy, but I'm just not familiar with the dive sites. Nonetheless, dive briefing was conducted well and professionally.

I'm using Canon G9, Inon macro, wide angle lense, Inon D2000 strobe and ultralight arms.

just read a good trip report on divernet.com travel section based around red sea at Jedah and gives it a good review. obviously only of use to people with work permits as tourists are not allowed in.

Is there a link to this review you read or can you scan it a post it somewhere so we can read it also.

As for tourists being able to dive Jeddah, Red Sea if you check Desert Sea Divers website they claim they have visas ready and can sponsor others they do not have ready; so tourists can dive it if they want to put in the effort to get the visa.

DESERT SEA DIVERS - DIVE the RED SEA - JEDDAH SAUDI ARABIA

Yes, you can give it a try. But honestly, I guess the chance is kinda slim. The process of getting the approval letter and the whole visa application is a pain. Much like China visa now because of the Olympics. The sponsor letter from DSD could be easily obtained, but you still need to go through the authorities to get your visa approved. Although I know KSA has loosen up a lot on tourism, they are still extremely strict on visa and tourist matters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom