Proton Metal LP hose question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ijdod

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there any reason a 3rd party LP hose (specifically a Miflex one) will not fit a Proton Metal 2nd stage regulator? Not sure yet just how standardised everything is across the board.

Is there any reason a 3rd party LP hose (specifically a Miflex one) will not fit a Proton Metal 2nd stage regulator? Not sure yet just how standardised everything is across the board.

No problem as long as the fitting on the first stage is the standard 3/8". The 32/22 first stages use 1/2" fittings on the DFC primary ports. The Mares 16/42/12 first stages all use standard 3/8" LP ports.

Greg Barlow

I've got miflex hoses on the Proton Metal second stages that my wife and I are using for backups and had no trouble at all installing them. Nothing non-standard on either end... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom