South Florida Dive Boats - last update 5/2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I give a big "thumbs up" to Silent World as well. We just returned today from a week long trip to the keys. We had three days of great diving. The store staff and captains were outstanding. Very friendly, helpful, and accomodating. I can't recommend them enough. I will definitely be visiting them again. Hopefully soon.

South Florida Diving Headquarters

AMAZING crew and great diving!!!

Greetings from a cold, dark, deep NJ wreck diver!

I had the good fortune to spend the whole day on 2/19 out on the "Fathoms O' Fun" with Parrot Island Scuba - http://www.parrotislandscuba.com/

Can't say enough nice things about them. Nice big boat, good briefings, and most importantly easy going attitude and approach. Kudos to Jerry and Mike for making this Jersey boy feel welcome and at home while on board - and under - the boat!

In fact when my computer wigged out before my second dive, Jerry was quick to lend me his own gear to make sure I didn't miss the dive. (In doing so he also made sure my BUDDY didn't miss HIS second dive, so that's TWICE AS MUCH customer service, right?)

Needless to say I'll be a repeat customer with these guys.

Sirto,

I wholeheartedly agree with your comments about the Starfish Enterprise and Captain Craig. I've used them about 1/2 dozen times, and every time was a pleasure. I never seemed rushed, they do a proper diver count, and on one occasion a few years back, there was a split decision on the boat as to wreck or drift, and Captain Craig explained that the wreck that was being suggested might be a bad choice due to vis & current earlier that day, and he even ran over to it and sent the DM down real quick to check it before sending us overboard. Glad he did that, as the recon report came back with 10' vis & high current. We ended up with a couple of drift dives for the morning and everyone was happy.

I'll surely use them again this Summer

-=V=-

I scanned all the posts of this thread and noted there was no mention of Jim Abernathy Scuba here in Central West Palm Beach. I have used them several times and they are a group of experienced divers including the captains and always have a DM in the water leading the dive. Also for the more adventurous you need not follow the group or have a dive buddy in the water. Its all drift diving so you just surface at the end of your dive and the boat comes and picks you up. They also offer great discounts when you purchase multiple dives. Site can be found here Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures: Diving Palm Beach and the Bahamas. Oh they also have a reasonably wide range of sites they visit due to their central location. I think for the most part they stay between Juno Ledges to the north and just south of the Breakers Reef. Good diving to all

have a quick question hope this is the right place to ask. do boats accommodate for single (buddieless) divers?

yes they do. the staff at Tarpon (S.Beach) took care of me along with another solo diver, no problem.

YMMV

I would like to put my vote in for my boat :D The DEEPER in Boynton Beach.

Dive Charters International, Inc.

Of course I feel I am the best boat in town. We do try to make your day as fun as possible and give you a great value for your money. We run to some of the lesser dove reefs in the Boca and Del Ray area as well as doing the northern reefs like the rest of the boat from Boynton Beach.

American Dream II!! American Dream II!! American Dream II!!

The best dive boat out there!!!!

The boat and crew are awesome!!!!!! I just started diving and I have gone out on them every weekend all weekend long for the past 2 months and it just gets better and better each time:D!

Check out the site!!!

ScubaFortLauderdale.com - Home of the American Dream II

Has anyone heard of the Force E Dive Centers---and if so, have you heard positive feedback about them?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom