HELP WANTED: Looking for Certified Divers in the Midwest!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ResQDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Attention All Certified Divers
We are looking for divers to help us with our growing business. We are based out of St. Louis, Missouri and our travels take us all over the United States.
Are you a Certified Diver?
Do you like to travel?
Do you own your own gear?
Are you Drug free?
Are you responsible and reliable?
Are you a TEAM Player?
If you answered yes to the above questions then we would like to talk to you and discuss this further. Please send an updated resume and be sure to include your certification level and we will review it and set up a meeting.
Submit your resume to chriscatlett@yahoo.com

What is the purpose of your search for certified divers? You are requesting a resume, certification level, and that you will review that information, but it would be helpful to see a business profile data report to know what it is that a person would be submitting information for. Glad to hear that your business venture is expanding and causing travel opportunities but what is it that your business does that is causing expansion and the need for additional divers?
Knowing this information may gain you a specific class of diver, or ones with specialized interestd and as a result minimize the amount of time it would take your organization to weed out those that don't meet your criteria.

Either will do. The basics are the same no matter what. There are no need for fins, flashlights or foofoo items. We dive mainly in a drysuit with coveralls. We wear boots instead of fins. We work around steel and it wears quickly on unprotected neoprene. Working environment ranges from lakes, streams, watershed projects, swamps , containment ponds etc. you name it. Visability is non existant so you must be able to work in dark waters. Sometimes the current is moving at 3000 cfs sometimes its not moving at all. Right now the waters are warm and in the winter we dive in ice flow. Majority of our work is shore launch and then we do work from barges as well. We dive with fish, turtles, snakes and alligators and these we can see... god knows what else is there that we dont see. But the pay is above average and I love my job. So if you are able to be based out of the St. Louis area (this means that you must make it to the yard / shop when we leave out) then please contact me at the address provided and I will forward all the information to my boss as well.
Thank you

I hope this paints a better picture.

No offense but I think OSHA/ADC and others would take a very dim view of using recreational divers for this type of work.

To clarify what I mean by dim view- If someone got hurt there would be some pretty serious fines and jail time for the supervisors/managers/owners of the company involved.

Edit: If I've misunderstood and you're qualified to provide commercial training for the folks you're recruiting please point that out- commercial diving schools are pretty expensive and I may have mistaken a new recruiting method for a commercial dive training program for something else.

Last edited:
thats allot to take in ,seeing as I have been considering commercial dive schools for 2 years now and here i can get the job with what I have learned with padi already .

I really would like to see TC's question answered.

June 20th of last year was ResQDivers last time on so I doubt you will get an answer.

Might want to watch when the last post was made. The mods can get pretty upset about old threads being resurrected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom