Guys -- Bathing Suit under 3mm wetsuit? 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speedos. They don't bunch up and dry near instantly because they hug the body well.
Depending, a full skin suit on top to allow ease of entry into my wetsuit.

I usually wear "Kayak" or "Canoe" shorts. They are similar to a bathing suit but are a very quick dry material and have pockets .... usually zippered. Normally have a sewn-in belt. I usually wear them to and from the boat (assuming warm weather) and they are usually acceptable in stores/food market/etc. Colors are generally muted tones like khaki or pale blue. They are slightly loose but the material is rather thin and even though it bunches a bit they easily fit under a 3mm long or shorty. Look like these:
Kayaking Gear Reviews: Oobe CPR Shorts on Wetdawg.com

No affiliation with referenced site.....it's just an example

I gave up on wearing shorts when trying to fit into my 7 mm

Now I just wear a birthday suit

Am I strange for wearing a bathing suit under my 7mm wetsuit? How about under a 3mm wetsuit? (Ok it was a little bunched under the 7mm, but not too bad. And it was easy to take of the wetsuit in a public on the beach when I was done.)

What do males typically wear next to their wetsuit -- just a supporter? A supporter and a bathing suit? Nothing?

Thanks for any opinions.

just be a real man and dive naked! lol nah, jk. now if you wore the bathing suit on top of the wetsuit you'd be strange! i just wear my standard bathing suit under my suit. i have forgotten the bathing suit and dove in jeans before as well, lol.

These HENDERSON LYCRA SHORTS are over at divers supply for $33+ shipping.

HEN0020-2T.jpg

Also some Mares trilastic shorts over there as well for $25+ shipping.

MAR0065-2T.jpg

Prolly either one would get the job done. Underwear wadding up underneath feels and looks not so good + in the summer a wet suit would just be too dang hot to stay in.

i use under armor under my wetsuit- it hugs the body, and dries quickly. In a 7m i plan on using gold's gym workout shorts- they are about 1mm of neoprene, and are meant to hug the body- it is like adding an extral mil to your lower core!

I got sick of suffering through bunched up board shorts under my 7mm and bought a pair of boxer-briefy Speedos. They're heaven!

And it's not quite as bad as walking around the dive site in a full blown bananna hammock.

I wear swimming trunks and a rash guard (nylon t-shirt) under my 1mm jump suit.

Is the purpose of the wetsuit to protect you from temp and abrasion, or to show off your "package"?

commando when I'm wearing my 3 mil shorty and a speedo shorts style bathing suit when I'm wearing my 7 mil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom