DIR in North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be arriving in the RDU area on the 29th and in the area through July 3.
Depending on the gear you bring - Fantasy Lake is an option - simple, reasonably accessible, passable visibility. Three weeks ago vis was still good, but SB suggests it may be declining. SB and several others may also be able to link up with you to dive up at the PDRA quarry (Piedmont Diving asnd Rescue Association) near Yanceyville, which is probably 1 - 1.5 hours from Raleigh, is deeper, and better visibility (and cheaper). Where are you going to be based during the week? If you're in Durham (i.e. at Duke) or Chapel Hill (at UNC) then the PDRA facility is a good call. If you are strictly in Raleigh / Cary, then Fantasy is the better option. I wouldn't mind a PDRA trip on Tuesday afternoon / evening.

Hey man, too bad I only saw your post today. If you'll be in the area again hit me up. My roommate and I are both GUE. We're 2.5 hours from Raleigh. There are some good wrecks out here and we have an air mattress for diving guests.

I'll be out of Cary until the end of the 3rd and then over to Charlotte from the 4-6, and certainly open to some diving.

Between dives, I can be available for a tour of the Duke Hyperbaric Facility. Send me a PM if you have the time... Always an interesting walk through historical and current research efforts.

Safe travels!

I can be available to dive tomorrow (July 1) at Fantasy Lake if you'd like. There's also a possibility of diving the afternoon (after 3pm, probably closer to 4pm) of Wednesday, July 2 at the same locale.

Sorry for the delay in my response; I've been away from internet access for the past several days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom