G9 Owners, Rejoice!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

driftin' by

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This year's grand prize winner in Scuba Diving Magazine's 2008 Photo Contest was taken with a G9! Okay, so all the other winners were taken with a DSLR, I think this speaks volumes about the possibilities of the G9... when it's in the right hands, of course. :D

Wow, that is a sweet shot! Thanks for sharing that!

Nice shot! Now I feel much better about just buying a G9. Not a hint of buyers remorse. I was feeling really great before.. but that shot was just .. awesome!

he said he used the ikelite w-20 wideangle lens but everything i have read said wideangle lenses do not work well on the g9. it looked nice on his pic. anyone else using it. tom

superb! aside for being lucky to notice such critter egg (looks like a cuttlefish baby inside :D

he said he used the ikelite w-20 wideangle lens but everything i have read said wideangle lenses do not work well on the g9. it looked nice on his pic. anyone else using it. tom

I've been testing it on land. You will get lens blur on the outer edges at wider aperture settings. Setting the aperture to F5.6 or above seems to minimize this. With that said, this is not a problem unique to the G9. Other point and shoot cameras have issues with wide angle lenses.

I'm off to North Carolina tomorrow, and I'll give the W-20 lens a wet test there. I'll let you know how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom