Blue Springs Flood Photos and Story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn't look good for this year at all.

I do have to give them credit. The last time I was there the "T" dock, that is now partially on the roof, was in two pieces.

There's a couple reasons the Scuba Shack hasn't dove more at Joe's. A big one is air fills and the availability of fills at the quarry. Blue Springs was also one of our old instructor's favorite quarries before he passed away, and we've done alot of work there over the years, so we kinda felt at home there.

I really miss Mark; I am honored that I was able to meet him.

Sorry to hear about Blue Springs, hopefully Rick will have the water tested so I can come back (for $20/day I want the water to be tested as safe levels of bacteria.)

I would agree. He had his faults, but he was a good guy. I learned quite alot from him and likewise, am honored to have known him.

I've asked Rick and Dave for some additional info but haven't heard from them yet... but, judging by what others have seen, I'd say we'll be up there doing work helping them out, but no more students this year.

I talked to a friend about some of the issues that could come about from this flooding in a quarry. From what I understand it is a must that the water be tested. Anybody that dives it before then is a fool.
There might have been a little bit of bacteria in the water from the flood but it could have greatly multiplied over the last month and could be a major issue.The little bit that might have been in the porta pots would be plenty. It also could take a couple year for mother nature take care of this herself. I was really surprised when I heard this.

So everyone knows, I am not trying to bash or keep people away from BS. I just want everyone to know that this IS a serious situation. All my info came from a marine biologist.

Thank you!! They worked this time.

It looks Like you can really get over that 60feet that is on the web site..

Make shore to get you hepatitis shot before diving there.

Rick needs a new medical release now.

I wont be going......
Scott

Does anyone have any updates on the post-flood recovery at Blue Springs?

I've heard 2nd and 3rd hand that recovery at BS is coming along. I've heard from several folks that the viz has improved. I have not heard about whether or not water quality testing has been done.

Does anyone have any updates?

I wont be going......
Scott

If you are not going to Blue Springs what do you say we head up and hit the morrell again?

boy i have wanted to dive the morrell for more than 10 years

Anybody have a Blue Springs (Waldron, IN) update? Last I heard the place was still an aweful mess with very poor viz and little if any recovery work completed. Is Blue Springs now officially dead as a dive site?

Back
Top Bottom