Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am still working on getting the contract worked out, what the WB wants and what it will take to operate it is quite a bit different. I will have a good idea of what is happening after Monday the 7th.

Im still at it and trying to get something worked out. Its just going slower than I expected due to some unforeseen as well as foreseen issues.

anything we can do just let us know

After the WB meeting, things seem to be on track again, the WB said that they wanted something that they could say Yea or Nay to by the next WB meeting. Some of the issues were discussed and it sounded to me that they are going to work with us on them.

There is still a glimmer of hope, even though we are pushing past the middle of dive season.

Latest update for the Madison Quarry… the Madison Water Board said we can lease it from August 1st through the end of October. The lawyers are currently working on the lease.

Dive shops and Instructors are required to add the City of Madison, Madison Water & Wastewater Board, and Better Diver to their Additional Insured list. There is no usage fees for dive shops as there previously were. Instructors, be sure you bring your insurance cards as well as your instructor c-card when you come. Instructors with classes will be admitted free.

Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian present to enter the quarry. Absolutely no alcohol or illegal drugs will be permitted on site.

Admission will be $20.00 and we have access to it 7 days a week, but we will only be opening during the week if someone has at least 8 people that want to dive, this can be adjusted depending on circumstances. Night diving will be available on request as well.

I am currently working out a method for the dive shops to sell admissions and will update everyone on that as it is finalized.

We have about 3 months left in the standard diving season, take advantage of it.

Britt,

Congratulations on resurrecting the quarry! Even though it is only for 3 months I plan to take full advantage of the local site and I hope others in the area will as well. It is a great place for training, skills practice and just plain fun (not to mention that it is way cheaper than driving to Blue Water).

More info (although not entirely accurate...I'll let Britt clarify) can be found at the link below:

Madison Quary to reopen in August

Regards,
Ltstanfo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom