Computer on wrist or in console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twistedarts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Trying to figure out which is a better config. Sound Off!

I prefer it on my right wrist.

Interesting point. I will make one in return. As opposed to looking at your wrist for Depth/time etc... then look at the spg for air, wouldn't it make more sense to have all that info in one place?
(I have a cheap puter). in my conole?

To answer your question from my point of view, I like having both options (computer on the wrist and an SPG) because if the computer fails, you will have a redundant system which can be helpful. One of the down sides to my Gekko is that it is not always easy to read on night dives. The light I am using needs to be good enough to illuminate the consule. My SPG doesn't have this problem, which is nice.

Cheers!

I have both, but the computer on my console is a backup whereas the wrist computer is my primary. Wrist is superior...'nuff said.

I also like the wrist mounted computer. I find that I check it more often on my wrist and I really like being able to refer to it easily on safety stops.

The consoles are nice for having everything together in one place, but they can be bulky. Another advantage of the console is that you are not going to forget it on a dive like you could a wrist mounted computer. I have never personally forgotten my computer but I have seen it happen.

See if you LDS will let you try both types prior to purchase and good luck.

Back
Top Bottom