Curacao Trip Report (6/14-6/24)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Larry, same oven that we had when you and Ted were here. I did actually have to deliver a pizza to Jerry a couple weeks ago. He hurt his leg jumping from his boat. I hope not to make delivery a regular thing though. Taking directions from the locals would be very hard! "You know the hole in the fence where the goats pass? Well just through there till the tree that is painted yellow on the left" Of course this is all in Papiamento
Cheers! David

David - When I started reading that about Sunshine making 4 turkeys, I thought "wow, that's really ambitious of her" until I saw you were offering her services! That all sounds really tasty though! You have 4 1/2 months to finalize the menu! Don't forget pumpkin pie!:D

You need a login of your own on here! Something like "Curacao Bartender" "Curacao Piemaker" or maybe "Curacao Hottie" for your admirer at Kura Hulanda. Haven't you had a few more meals there since that night that the waitress saw love at first sight with you! Are you at least getting a discount? Is Sunshine jealous yet?

Hi Bubblebee, I will do my best to come up with a handle for posting. I still use Sunshine's e-mail address so it could take a few years? I'll do my best to come up with a nice modest handle. I'll ask Dragon for a few suggestions, being the dancer perhaps he has heard a few cool stage names? As far as the Turkey goes. I will be more then happy to roast a few birds along with all the fixins. I would of course leave the deserts for my sweetie Sunshine. To tacky? As far as my admirer from the Lodge. If Sunshine was able to be jealious? Well.... OK I have to get ready for my dive with Fixxer and his wife. Another great couple from scuba board!

Hey there UBB - 4&1/2 months to prepare?! Are you making headway on the plans to head back in November??? I checked on fares and yikes, they've gone up since April... But Mart hasn't said that he Doesn't want to go back. And now I could try to entice him with David's Turkey!

David - your lifestyle is making me jealous! One more dive with one more couple... So rough!

Steph- Yes I did check the airfare and almost had a heart attack! Still, if I can convince Chris I would really love to go then. This way I avoid having to tell my family or my in-laws which house we are going to eat turkey at! Nothing better to celebrate my birthday than in Paradise! Tell Martin you need one more trip before you set sail!

Steph- Yes I did check the airfare and almost had a heart attack! Still, if I can convince Chris I would really love to go then. This way I avoid having to tell my family or my in-laws which house we are going to eat turkey at! Nothing better to celebrate my birthday than in Paradise! Tell Martin you need one more trip before you set sail!

Tell Martin to put his google skills to use and find a better rate.:D

Best I've found so far is <$650 (from Denver of course) which is around what we paid the first time out. Though don't tell UWBB I've been looking... it'll get her hopes up or something... wouldn't want to do that.

Hey David and Sunshine,

If you want to try out that turkey dinner before Bumblebee and the 24-pounders come back for Thanksgiving, I gladly volunteer as a test person, in the meantime :) And for sure I will bring back Sunshine's salt and pepper in time.

See you all
Andreas

Hey David and Sunshine,

If you want to try out that turkey dinner before Bumblebee and the 24-pounders come back for Thanksgiving, I gladly volunteer as a test person, in the meantime :) And for sure I will bring back Sunshine's salt and pepper in time.

See you all
Andreas

:rofl3: 24 POUNDERS !!!! They should rename their boat 24 pounders! :D
I'm trying to get my sister, brother-in-law and their two kids to come also so we might need a couple few turkeys! I tried making those chocolate cupcakes with mousse frosting that Sunshine made, 1st attempt was nothing like hers! She might have to give me a lesson.

Hello, it's the 24 pounders :wink: Lucky has her name painted on all ready but hey - we just got a tender - we could name it! I'll have to look again at fares...you found a really good price.

Andreas - keep us posted on the turkey tasting :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom