Destin Megadive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay EGG, no need to bash when one tries to help (despite the limited capacity to do so).

Now Now Capt. Don't take it so hard. If you really want to prove your worth you can still carry my gear to the water for me. :D

Now Now Capt. Don't take it so hard. If you really want to prove your worth you can still carry my gear to the water for me. :D

EGG, you have a built-in transport system that you take on these trips (I think the brand name is Andy & Andrews moving corp). Why on earth would I disrupt that little eco-system?

I think I can live with "not being worthy"!

Things are still looking good for me to make the trip down from Augusta! Whoohoo! I have had to really play with my work schedule and make a choice Destin, for this Mega Dive, a 6 day liveaboard, or Labor Day Weekend West Palm Beach Dive. Basically, I really, really want to do all of them just can't find the time or $$$$ for them all.

Since I have not been down to our condo in sooooo long I want to do that most importantly.

I am going to take some vacation days and come on down!

So, I am not sure about what food I can chip in. What would be a good addition to the already thought of things. Salad, Baked Beans, chips?????What type of thing would you guys like???

I am really excited to get back in the water, I have not been since last Labor Day! Wonder if I remember how!:D

See you later!
Cindy
Surprise us.

EGG, you have a built-in transport system that you take on these trips (I think the brand name is Andy & Andrews moving corp). Why on earth would I disrupt that little eco-system?

Andrew has never been. I still have not convinced Andy to return. It is a 3 hour drive one way. The last time we went we had to park my rig at the very end of the public parking and we didn't put our gear on, we carried it. Big Mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was going to dislocate a shoulder.:shakehead: Then Andy had to trek back to BugMan's car to get my transpac he brought to me from Gary's shop. Then we were late getting in the water, he couldn't clear, and by the time we finally made it out everyone was leaving. :(

Andrew has never been. I still have not convinced Andy to return. It is a 3 hour drive one way. The last time we went we had to park my rig at the very end of the public parking and we didn't put our gear on, we carried it. Big Mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was going to dislocate a shoulder.:shakehead: Then Andy had to trek back to BugMan's car to get my transpac he brought to me from Gary's shop. Then we were late getting in the water, he couldn't clear, and by the time we finally made it out everyone was leaving. :(

I remember that....

You had to park at the "turn around" at the end of Holiday Isle with your dive trailer. It's about 1/4 (it seems) walk from that parking area to the beach access to the jetties....

Then we saw two people (you and Andy) trying to drag those "wheeled dive bags" across 1/4 mile of sand. It wore us out just watching you!.

Yes!!!!!!!!!! And EVERYONE volunteered to help!!! ..........................NOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhh....you're probably worthwhile to someone. :wink: Hmmmmm, let me think. Perhaps your wife from time to time.......

.........................you know when your paycheck comes in.:D

Surprise us.

Ok Surprise it will be. So, don't be too critical, of whatever I decide on.

My plans at this point are: Friday, Aug 1st - Drive from Augusta to Destin ( I am taking a vacation day can leave in the morning that way) Should be in Destin and settled into the Condo by 5p. Will need to make a run to either Wally World or Publix so I can get something to fix for this "Crab Grag and Cookout". My sister can't come, but I still may have some family from here to go. Doubt they will be participating in any of this day.

I am planning on taking Monday as another vacation day from work to drive back, so we will be there all day Sunday too. Give me and the others some time to kick back and relax.

If for some reason they can't come too, oh well I will have a fun day on Saturday, and a great break from my crazy life here lately.

I can't afford to go on a dive trip through my dive shop to much $$$$ right now and the timing for them doesn't work for my job. Plus I am miserable missing the water!!
Driving there even with Gas at $4.00 a gal is a whole lot more arffordable.

See you in a few weeks!

Cindy

Im planning on a sunday morning offshore dive with Emerald Coast Scuba is anyone wants to join us.

Well, Ive got motel 6 booked for the weekend. Looking forward to some good diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom