Grand Cayman airport question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi all. we are meeting up with another couple in the grand cayman airport, and will need to eat lunch. where can we have them meet us? small airport, i'm assuming?? please give suggestions. four more days til little cayman beach resort!!!! thanks!!

Hey there! I will be on GC this thursday. Have a great time!

There is a small restaurant on the second floor of the terminal.

thanks! do you know the name of it? is it the only restaurant??, then that would be easy:) thanks

I second what Alex said, the second floor airport restaurant is the only one on property. You can always get the meat pies at the bar inside the departure area of the airport. Those are my favorite!

If you like to people watch the wait time passes quickly!

Have a great time, we are already planning 2009 in LCBR. Oh yeah, look for our sign in the bar above the fan. It is mainly blue and says "Carolyn's Crew"

In addition to the restuarant in the terminal there is a local couple that set up a grill just outside across from and to the left of the terminal. Picnic table is available to sit and enjoy your meal.

MJ

In addition to the restuarant in the terminal there is a local couple that set up a grill just outside across from and to the left of the terminal. Picnic table is available to sit and enjoy your meal.

I didn't see the grill this time, although I have in the past.

I surmise that this grill is outside of the airport. Is that correct? I have a flight that arrives at 12:30 into Grand Cayman and our connecting flight to LCBR is about four hours later.

I figure it will take us about an hour to secure our luggage and clear customs which leaves us at least three hours to go.

I'm trying to figure out if we can leave the airport or should we just stay put while waiting for our connecting flight. But we will probably want to catch lunch (dinner for some)

Any suggestions from anyone?

Back
Top Bottom