Weirdest thing you've found in the ocean blue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A 10ft tall statue of a mermaid @ 600fsw in the middle of the Indian ocean.
This one definitely takes the cake.

My finds have been embarassingly boring compared to some of you guys. Last time I dove (July 6) I found a steak knife in very good condition -- one tiny rust spot I polished off in minutes, handle barely scratched. Some other boring utilitarian things over years...

Well, I am with Mello-yellow.....for the most part my finds have been less exciting. Although one dive did have me asking how long this guy had been fishing.

Canadian_Wreck.jpg

Brilliant!

Well, I am with Mello-yellow.....for the most part my finds have been less exciting. Although one dive did have me asking how long this guy had been fishing.

Canadian_Wreck.jpg

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Would absolutely love to set up something like this at our local dive site

during a shore dive off Ft. Lauderdale, about 75-100 ft out, 30 ft down, I found a hotel metal pool lounge chair, two kegs tied to each side, and a small bbq grill. not sure what type of spring break partygoer thought that would make a good boat, but it obviously sunk as it was slowly becoming part of the reef. I was saddened by just how disgusting the trash was that littered the sea floor just off shore. That was the most interesting thing i saw, but it was only the tip of the ice berg of the amount of trash out there, everything from spare tires to trash cans.

A friend found a S&W .44 revolver when diving one time. He was a park ranger, found it at the bottom of a lake in his park, took it home, cleaned it, and he said it still worked fine. He showed it to me and I told him he should turn it in, but when I asked again later he claimed he had "misplaced" it. I wish I had run it through NCIC when he showed it to me the first time, but I had hoped he would have done the smart thing and turned it in.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Would absolutely love to set up something like this at our local dive site

OK but you cannot forget the backside.....the photo is terrible but you can see the divers fins poking out from beneath the boat. The best is, if you swim up to the "skull", there is a fish that lives in his head.

DSCN0396.JPG

Enough machinery on the reef on the south side of Roatan to build a fleet of tractors ... plus a pair of ladies' undies, unoccupied.

^ :rofl3:

and here i thought the greatest divers faced from anglers was getting entangled with the line and/or getting hooked.

Not something I found but this little bugger found my wife!

marimoray.jpg

Back
Top Bottom