Whenever I surface I have to blow my nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thats funny, cause when I was getting certified last year, I had to pee sooooo bad during one pool session. I tried for about 10 minutes to pee, but I either couldn't overcome to pressure, or I was just too shy, cause I ended up having to hop out of the pool and run for the bathroom.:shakehead:

still haven't had to pee THAT bad again so far, so I still haven't peed in a wetsuit (and I'm not really planning to either, but who knows...)

I've never had trouble peeing during a dive; in fact (and this may be too much info), on my first long boat trip I got so used to letting go whenever I needed to that I came very close to making a big mistake while driving home... :dork2:

Amazing what you find on ScubaBoard
:rofl3:here we call them diver's oysters
People who admit to peeing in their westuits how cool! honest people.
the concept that you are not well enough hydrated if you dive and don't need to go is interesting.
:rofl3:when I REALLY have to go.... I have to settle to the bottom for a moment or hang onto something before I can let "go" don't know why...
The danger is that you do get cold faster after. Part of is it that you are letting heat out of the body by releasing the body fluid. I try to hang on as long as possible but make sure I am well rinsed before I exit and Always use good quality WETSUIT WASH. :no

On the subject of hydration...wouldn't that depend on individual factors? I mean I'm just taking shots in the dark, but diving really isn't work for me. I'm very in shape and can't imagine I'm losing that much water that I need to be verging on peeing in my wetsuit at the end of each dive. Sure, I usually suck down a gatorade when i'm back on the boat, but that's more because of cotton mouth than thirst. I think.

Please correct me if I'm thinking wrong, because this is purely anecdotal.

On the subject of hydration...wouldn't that depend on individual factors? I mean I'm just taking shots in the dark, but diving really isn't work for me. I'm very in shape and can't imagine I'm losing that much water that I need to be verging on peeing in my wetsuit at the end of each dive. Sure, I usually suck down a gatorade when i'm back on the boat, but that's more because of cotton mouth than thirst. I think.

Please correct me if I'm thinking wrong, because this is purely anecdotal.

This is the same concept, just different reasons for dehydration. they are not talking about losing water from sweat (work). On the surface, the air you breathe has water vapor in it. your compressed breathing air UW is dried and has no water in it. so with every breath you are losing water from your body (far more than breathing on the surface. This is why you get cotton mouth, but the effects go much deeper than just drymouth. this is why we are taught about hydration and DCS, becoming dehydrated during a dive (from respiration, not perspiration) can greatly increase the risk of suffering a DCS hit.

I see a direct relation to hydration. I definitely have to pee if I drink enough water, and for the snot on the face problem, hmm, my buddy is always there to check :wink:

This is the same concept, just different reasons for dehydration. they are not talking about losing water from sweat (work). On the surface, the air you breathe has water vapor in it. your compressed breathing air UW is dried and has no water in it. so with every breath you are losing water from your body (far more than breathing on the surface. This is why you get cotton mouth, but the effects go much deeper than just drymouth. this is why we are taught about hydration and DCS, becoming dehydrated during a dive (from respiration, not perspiration) can greatly increase the risk of suffering a DCS hit.

Ahhhhh! That's an entirely different animal. I wasn't thinking of it along those lines. Guess I ought to up my fluid intake.

So, if I'm diving freshwater but have to pee in my wetsuit, do I then log that as a saltwater dive?

for the snot on the face problem, hmm, my buddy is always there to check :wink:

do you need a special c-card or other training for that?

Back
Top Bottom