Cleaner Shrimp gives me my six month check-up! (Video Clip)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
We all know we need to see the dentist regularly but for some people it's hard to find the time for good, professional oral hygiene. I found one who doesn't charge much and is available on short notice. If you'd like to make an appointment, give me a call, I'll help you arrange something! And don't worry, this won't hurt a bit!

Here's a video of him doing some work on me yesterday out off of White Rock / Palauea Beach. He's quite gentle and performed this work without any novacaine. There were two other friendly assistants but I think they were on break or something. I'll be back!

Nice, I saw a guy in Kona do that as well. Thanks for posting it.

amazing how predictable these guys are - I defnitely need to go visit my UW dentist again soon :)

Thanks for sharing Doug.

Aloha, Tim

the player kept stopping on me after playing a the video for sec or two. does anyone know what's going on there? btw, i'm using firefox, if that makes any difference.

Great video Doug! Jesse and Jonah thought it was pretty awesome too. Can't wait to come diving with you again...

I am using Firefox and am not having any problems with the video.

Steve

video worked for me this time. just wondering, how do you signal to your dentist when you wanna breathe? or do you just purge him? :D

Thank you all for the comments. I hope it brought big smiles and a reminder that you're probably due for your check-up!!

When this is happening the shrimp always seems on alert to bail at any moment. I think he knows when it's cool to go in and when it's better to stay outside. Remember, most of his patients have much bigger teeth than me!

The legs of the shrimp are very stiff and pointed. It almost feels like little needles being poked into you as he strolls along, it can tickle and / or hurt at the same time! They also like exploring your fingernails so if you're a little timid, go for the manicure instead! It's especially important to check for eels, 90% of the time there's one very close by.

I guess I should tell you "Warning! Don not try this at Home! Performed by a professional on a closed course!"

I'm going back......

PS Maui Raceway Park Drag Races tonight!! Come on down! www.mrp.org

Back
Top Bottom