Does everyone hate Scuba Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sappnasty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been looking on here for threads about scuba pro and they are hard to find.....Their not even listed on the threads manufacturing list??? Is it a bad brand or something? I own all Scuba Pro equiptment and can't seem to understand why it's not discussed more on here......I thought it was some of the best gear there is....anyone know why?

Michael Sapp

I don't hate Scubapro. All of my (6) regulator sets and several pairs of fins are SP. I'm not into their BCs or wetsuits though.

Jonathan

sp is good stuff, no doubt. pricey. if i get a good deal on good used sp gear im in. cant beat the sp regs, and of course there are the legendary jet fins.

why not discuss it? I don't know. there is alot of other gear too???? I dont care that much about gear??? beats me.

I love my scuba pro gear. The BC is great for bouyancy at odd orientations, far better than the 3 other brands I've tried. Far superior pockets as well. Love the regulators. Just 2 weeks ago I was breathing the AirII on my safety stop, wondering what all the critics don't like about it.

14 years with 6 regulators and 2 BCs, still happy.

I currently have a BPW. And honestly, I like my SP Knighthawk much more. Their stuff are pricey though - but they do have great service and warranty when purchased from an authorized dealer.

Everything that I have made my Scubapro is great. My Knighthawk is a very good BC, better than my three Seaquests that I have had in the past.

My major life support gerar (BCD's, computer and regs) are all Scubapro, although they are mostly older models that are no longer manufactured. There have been some issues after Johnson Outdoors acquired Scubapro, but I love my SP gear and wouldn't trade it for anything (well maybe for a home on the beach in some tropical dive paradise).

They make a good reg, the mk17 and the s600. Wish they would sell the T line bc in the states though. My wife likes their wetsuits. But pretty much all the big manufacturer make good gear now a days. Their gear is a bit pricey. So you can get comparable gear that is just as good for less form oceanic and aeris. You pay for the name with Scubapro, but there is nothing wrong with their gear. It is like getting a bmw vs an acura, both are excellent car. Get what makes you happy.

ScubaPro makes some fine gear, not as good in many cases as equipment that is made by other manufacturers and that sells for far less. What makes ScubaPro disliked is their marketing plan, the try to keep their dealers from discounting and most dealers do not sell any other full line. The scheme is based on taking advantage of students who do not know the industry or the equipment by having them pay top dollar for ScubaPro gear whilst being told how bad the gear made by all other manufacturers is. I frankly think it is deceitful and a betrayal of what an instructor/student relationship should be.

Back
Top Bottom