Grand Haven area shallow diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ForestE

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Please help,
I am trying to plan a dive for two fairly new divers coming from Europe for vacation. They really want to go in Lake Michigan, but I am not taking them any deeper than 20 feet as I have never seen them dive. Can anyone tell me a good shallow spot in the Grand Haven area that would be a fun dive for them? I can bring a boat or go from shore. Please let me know. THANK ALOT!

About the only area I can think of is the "artificial reef" about a mile south of the Muskegon south breakwall. If you line up the end of the breakwall and the water treatment plant on shore your just on the outer corner of the reef. It's a bunch "left over" stuff from when they built the breakwalls I think. Lots of concrete blocks, big ones, lots of fish, and usually some anchors and fishing stuff for dive booty. It's about 10 miles north of Grand Haven.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom