Whenever I surface I have to blow my nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do you need a special c-card or other training for that?

:rofl3:Naw not a c-card you need a p-card:blinking::blinking::mooner:

I usually unleash the contents as soon as I get to the surface...but have been know to blow my nose under water (did it today actually) It's a great feeling for a few hours until the sinus demons are back!

I love this time of year but I also HATE it!

I always thought the post-dive snot rockets were part of the sport... who can blow the biggest? the farthest? Can you do it in a stealthy way, so it goes unnoticed? (bonus points for that)
I actually thought about it..once... before submerging my head to clear the nose... can the other divers see me doing this?
Who says diving isn't sexy?
Oh, and I have NEVER peed in my wetsuit. Found it impossible. Then I started wearing my husband's wetsuit, and I can go and go and go... I even make myself go if I know it is going to be a long surface interval. Rather not have to use the head on the boat!

To me the best part of surfacing (perhaps the only good part of surfacing) is that wonderful opportunity to get rid of a few nudibranchs from my sinusses.

Why wait until you surface? If I have a nose full of snot at depth, I see it as a good opportunity to practice my mask doff and don drill, with a nudibranchectomy in between. This usually only happens when a dive lasts about an hour.

I thought it was just me. I usually do try to blow while still in the water, I think everyone else appreciates this gesture, LOL.

I remember one of my first dives, climbing the ladder back onto the boat and having the DM say to me, "Wipe your face." I did and he then said, "Okay, NOW I can talk to you." :)

your just getting rid of the jelly fish from your dive, doing it underwater or at the back of the boat, all is good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom