New Reg or New Guitar??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twistedarts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Well here we go. What should I do? New reg or new guitar? Some sweet deals at guitar center. Uh HELP!

Well which one needs to be replaced more? I mean if your old reg is well getting old... your reg is kinda what keeps you alive underwater. But if it's a sweet guitar... who doesn't love a new guitar?

Tough decision... If you're neither need to be replaced more than the other, guitar. Hate to say it but go w/the guitar. :)

This would be an addition to a collection either way.

I am sticking with guitar. With as long as your hair is in your profile pic--I have hair that long by the way--you are bound to get it hund in the strings causing yourself problems. If you are at a gig, you might not have time to pull all the hair out which would alter your sweet tone. However, if you had a few guitars behind you, you could just set that one in a stand and move onto the next. That way your audience would not have to wait for you to remove the hair and the show would go on!

And the show must go on!!!!

A better question would be "New reg or vintage guitar?". They haven't made any truly great guitars in several decades.

Some might even say "Vintage reg or vintage guitar?. :)

New guitar! They ain't gettin any cheaper...
There are a lot of folks out there gettin your great new reg at this moment, that you will be gettin from them barely used in a year or two...

Depends on the reg. I love my 20+ year old sherwood and wouldn't give it up. Then again, what's the guitar choice- if it's Estaban on QVC:D.....

As a fellow guitarist and diver, I can relate. For me a new guitar is a major investment, where the best breathing reg I own cost $87 on ebay, plus a couple of kits and an hour or so. Not much of a comparison. Any decent reg that's in good working comdition and is tuned well will work fine and not do too much to impact your diving either way. The right guitar only comes along once in a while and can have a huge impact on a musician's life.

Back
Top Bottom