Let me introduce myself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver's Wife

Reaction score
Hi there divers,

I'm in the minority at our house. My husband is an advanced diver. Our 14 y/o son is a junior advanced diver (soon to be rescue diver) and our 12 y/o daughter is a junior open water diver (soon to be junior advanced).

The thought of diving scares the pants off me so I sit at the shore while they're out, enjoy a pina coloada or two, and hope everyone comes back in one piece.

We do two or three Caribbean trips a year and since I'm the vacation researcher, I thought I'd join this site and see what kind of great stuff I can learn as far as which destinations have the most dive sites to offer. While we absolutely love Punta Cana (we've been there 10+ times), it's definitely time to move on to a place that offers better diving. Honduras is on my radar for March '09.

My husband tends to go to the dive shop and buy "stuff" without doing much consumer research so I think this site will be invaluable in that aspect as well.

Welcome to the board!

Be sure to get individual log-ons and pay attention to the identity when posting. It gets kind of weird if you start posting under each others identities.

Pete

Thanks for the tip. I don't think the rest of them will be posting though.

Welcome to SB.. Uh OH.. the Hubby to buys stuff on the fly without research?? LOL Thats not good. Well maybe you can learn him a thing or two. There's tons of info here to research. Best of luck

Welcome to the board! This is a great place to get the information you want and we welcome everyone whether they dive or not! Believe it or not non-divers can be a great help to divers. We have a couple non-diving spouses who hang out with our group and keep an eye on our stuff while we're under, grab things we've forgotten (DOH!) and help us get dressed since we dive cold water and wear layers.

Have fun with your research! I'm looking forward to the first "My husband wanted to buy 'X' but I explained why 'Y' was a better option" story!

WELCOME ABOARD!
Ber :lilbunny:

Hello and welcome to the board....We will be very glad to give advice...some of it useful,,,some of it not,,, but advice just the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom