Stuart Cove's August 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I dive together also, and I put a rod above the shower in the pool bath for hanging the dive Gear. If you have a shelf there can you send pics for ideas.

I have only had a couple of responses on SC dives sites and I will be leaving day after tomorrow. I will have my laptop with me but will only be dragging it out if I have to access my domain at work to solve a problem. I am a network admin and I would leave the computer home and go completely low tech if I could. So I will not be checking in on the board while abroad.

I will post a report when I get home. Prez I will see you at Orange Hill .:sharkattack::sharkattack:

To be honest Ralph, all the sites are pretty good. I would suggest that you inquire as to the destination before leaving the dock and get a bit vocal if you've been there before. There's around 30 good sites within about 10 miles of the base. If the weather's from the south east (as it often is this time of year) they tend to head to the west (Lee) side of the island They will try to take you repeatedly to the Narri Nari and the Hollywood bowl/ Elk horn Gardens if you don't sing out! These are good dives for coral lovers and fish watchers, just shallow and have no wall or wrecks to speak of (there is a small Tug on the rocks just North of Hollywood but it's in like 0ft of water)
Also of note is that the coral has suffered by the frequency of visits and is said to be in the worst condition in the area at these locations. To qualify that, i wouldn't know good coral from a head ache myself! I'm from England! You couldn't see it if it was there.
Go Steady.
Dan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom