Uncle Pug is ready to dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis once bubbled...
One of my challenges is how to do this and yet have a good place for entry.
You've got the makin's of a fine dive boat there... you just need to go after the cabin and foredeck with a chainsaw and open things up a bit.
:D

How does one cook/prepare a geoduck?

detroit diver once bubbled...
How does one cook/prepare a geoduck?
But since you're there and I'm here I'll tell you instead.

First boil water. Big pot cause these babies are big!

Chuck a duck into the boiling pot and count to ten.

Take the duck out and slough the skin off the neck and breast.

Pull the shells apart (this is easy to do) and strip the gut sack out.

Slit the siphon tube with a knife so you can rinse any and all grit out.

Slice the breast meat into 1/2" thick *steaks* to saute in garlic butter... no breading and no over cooking... count to ten and flip and count to ten and eat. :D

Slice~n~dice the neck meat and chuck it into a pot of potato soup that's almost done cooking... this turns the potato soup into clam chowder. If you like the red kind pour in a bottle of tabasco and eat. :D

OR... grind the whole thing up and make clamburgers.

Well Uncle Pug, you've got a fun looking boat. I have a 30 foot Sea Ray that is probably a bit less after deck room but it is really cool to just go where you want and dive on your own terms. I'm sure your gonna have just a bit more fun than is legal, or it will seem at times. Way Cool!
Bill

Very nice looking, UP

By the way, anytime you need someone to pilot her while you are getting wet....................

Nice rig. The bow configuration is much like one I owned and used in Southern Ca. to do commercial Abalone diving. Boat was smaller, no davit and the compressor was more forward. Ypu've got a great work boat there!!

Is even more spectacular in person. What a fantastic boat. The on-board electronics were so cool to watch when we went to find the dive site.

I really liked how much room there was for all the gear on the deck.

The swim step ladder is really easy to use and it was no problem walking right out of the water onto the boat where you stepped back into the tank rack to set-down your gear.

I loved it.

Thanks for such a great day!

One of my main dive buddies is a pilot for Alaska Airlines and said she'll get me a ticket to Sea-Tac if I dive with her. I have a time share that has units in several locations on the coast, so we're looking at Sept/Oct.......

p.s. is there a place to rent doubles down there?

p.p.s. oh, yeah - again - Nice Boat!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom