Considering 1030 SW and PT-043

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you serious, resale, no, it and every digital anything from your new laptop computer to your new digital vacum cleaner is worth no more than the dust it collects in a year. AND, in another year, nothing will have changed. N

Yes, I realize that. Perhaps I didn't clearly state what I meant. I don't really want to spend $800 on an Olympus 1030 and underwater housing and find it wasn't the best choice for us at this time.

Yikes! If that set up is $800 then RUN away.

There are far far better systems for way less money, imho :D
That was my suspicion too. It's $400 for the camera, $280 for the underwater housing, $30 for a 1 GB XD picture card, plus a Neoprene case and a floating strap so actually it would be more than $800 once I added tax.:(

Amazon had a Canon A with housing for under $300 a while back, I'm sure there are still great deals to be had.

$30 for a card seems high - I only paid $35 for my 8GB CF cards :wink: SDs are cheaper than the XD cards, so you'll for sure save some there. I'd get 2 2GB or 4GB cards, btw.

Amazon had a Canon A with housing for under $300 a while back, I'm sure there are still great deals to be had.

$30 for a card seems high - I only paid $35 for my 8GB CF cards :wink: SDs are cheaper than the XD cards, so you'll for sure save some there. I'd get 2 2GB or 4GB cards, btw.
I agree with buying a few memory cards. I believe the sales person told us that the Olympus XD cards aren't available in 4GB -- it's 1GB or 2GB.

visit adorama.com. They have the items you need alot cheaper!! That's where I got my Olympus SW790 back in December!! They have the SW1030 for $319 & the underwater housing for $199.95

Back
Top Bottom