Level of Support- Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstonedvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK...this is a call to task for all you divers that have lamented the closing of Madison.
WELL FOLKS IT'S OPEN.....
I have been there the last two weekends and I am puzzled as to why the place is not packed....Now mind you for me that's great but not for Brit and area diving in general.

The turnout has been somewhat light by the amount of traffic this and other boards have generated...
The water is 78 on the bottom with usable vis....
You asked for it, it's here...so pony up.....
Yarg

Gary, I agree! The BEST way we can show the Madison Water Board that we want this place BEYOND October is to have divers.

If you haven't already signed up for our Thursday night dive on August 21, come Dive Sports and do it now! All of the money is going to the Madison Quarry. Dive Sports is not keeping a cent. In fact, we are providing the food. I can't wait to fax the sign-up sheet to Mr. Pounders at the Water Board. He needs to see just how many people want to use this quarry.

Hey, it's only 20 bucks!

Phil Ellis

OK...this is a call to task for all you divers that have lamented the closing of Madison.
WELL FOLKS IT'S OPEN.....
I have been there the last two weekends and I am puzzled as to why the place is not packed....Now mind you for me that's great but not for Brit and area diving in general.

The turnout has been somewhat light by the amount of traffic this and other boards have generated...
The water is 78 on the bottom with usable vis....
You asked for it, it's here...so pony up.....
Yarg

I've got to agree with Yarg.

Folks have said for the past couple years that "I wish Madison Quarry was still open and we could dive there".....

well "the pool is open". Time to get in. The local dive community needs to show it's support of this operation so that hopefully it'll be there for us in the future.

I was there last weekend and have already signed up for Phil's planned event. Hope to be there other weekends also.

-Mike

Phil, I want my steak Med-Well.

Looking forward to a nice evening of fun. Be sure to tell Johnathon to bring the scooter. Yarg, better get the hunny dues done before then. Between the three of us, should be some good Monkey diving going on. Mike, lookin forward to seein ya there.

Phil, tell Brit we'll chip in a few bucks to get a good bond fire going to tell some old lies - or make up new ones......Lol.

Kenny

Phil, I want my steak Med-Well.

Looking forward to a nice evening of fun. Be sure to tell Johnathon to bring the scooter. Yarg, better get the hunny dues done before then. Between the three of us, should be some good Monkey diving going on. Mike, lookin forward to seein ya there.

Phil, tell Brit we'll chip in a few bucks to get a good bond fire going to tell some old lies - or make up new ones......Lol.

Kenny

Bon Fire!? It is gonna be 95 degrees! Jonathan will keep a big fire going on the grill.

Phil Ellis

I must admin I was surprised when my family of 4 arrived Saturday morning. We nearly had the entire quarry to ourselves for a while. Then, folks started slowly coming in. By the time we left @3, it there were about 10 cars there. Figured the place would be standing-room-only.

Last time we were there was 2 years ago for OW training w/Britt. Viz was maybe 5 ft if we were lucky. However, Viz Saturday was between upwards to 30 feet. Enjoyed seeing the sunken goodies in there. Great time had by all .... except I forgot to take my camera on our second dive - Doh! Guess I will just have to go back and snap the pics I missed.

Thanks, Britt & Nikki, for all your work out there. Hope Mad. Wat. Bd. gets smart and keeps it open.

Bruce

Was there this Saturday from 10 to 6 there was a few different crowds there through out the day but no-where near capacity - but WOW was it great to be back in there diving all that cool stuff - it was like reuniting with an old friend.
I took my camera and will take it every time i go so i will always have pics. and i hope that it will remain open.
I will be there with as many divers as i can as often as i can while it is open.

We're planning on diving there on Saturday and I need to drop in on Phil and sign up for his night dive.

Allen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom