Mouth piece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

safyrewulfie

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone using the Mares jax Mouthpiece? I read about it in the new issue of scuba diving mag. My cub and I both have a tendency to gnaw on our mouth pieces and try to get them to fit comfy. I feel like a horse chawing on my bit. I cant seem to find a vendor in america with a decent price. But I did manage to find one in Spain with a nice price. But before I order I wanted to hear from anyone who uses one. Ive seen them listed for 40.00. But this one place is offering them at 23.85 the shipping on one makes it the same price but on 2 is cheaper.

It is in american dollars. I did the math. For one the shipping is 18.00. So for one its
still 41.00 But for 2 or more its still just 18.00. So for me to order 2 it was 63.00. Cheaper
then buying it for the 40.00 i seen. I can always make a big order if others think about wanting
one lol.

I just went through switching around my mouthpieces a few times... I have usdivers regs that came with the mouthpeice that goes up into the mouth palette. I have used this type of mouthpeice happily for over 10 years until it broke. Recently i have tried several others and found i began a chewing habbit. I broke a silicone filled one the first day i dove with it. Oops! The Usdivers design seems to stay on its own whereas these others i have to bite down on. I am still trying to get used to this dif mouthpiece design.

Might be another signifigantly cheaper option to try before spending over 60 dollars on some rubber.

I like the fact how it can be shaped to your mouth. The rest ive seen dont let
you adjust it to your bite. Course it is a one day purchase now lol. I need other
stuff, like a new tv, and of course now i want shorter fins. Tired of tripping
over my feet with my monsters i use now.

I've not heard of this mouthpiece. Does it mold to your bite? I find I clench my jaw to keep mine in and have trouble closing my jaws together once back on the boat.

Yeah i read about it in the new issue of scuba diver magazine. You can dip it in boiling water to soften it, then hold it in your mouth bite it and it shapes to your teeth and jaw. If you let someone else use it, they can shape it too, and then you can reshape it. I know i have a smaller bite and so does my daughter. So im thinking about it. better then hurting for days from mouthing it around. I ve even swallowed water trying to get it comfy in my mouth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom