Alahambra Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Siilverback

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well got to the beach nice and early approximately 8:15 a.m. I was all set for the jellies. I was not set for the West winds, 3 foot breakers, and water the color of milk. Needless to say I stared at the surf for 20 minutes before turning around and going home:flush: Another day in the crapper.

Thanks for the report. We're supposed to go out Saturday morning but these west winds are just messin' things up.

From what I have heard rip currents and NO VIS at all. Water is milky white and not making me very happy. Lets keep our fingers crossed the wind will lay down some. Keep us posted if you hear anything.

Lets keep our fingers crossed. Or looks like I will be diving a creek this weekend. Good thing no jellies

Hopefully with these west winds the jellies are all the way to mexico by now! No quiero Pescado de jalea!

Aren't West winds coming out of the West blowing onshore? Wouldn't that drive the jellies toward shore and away from Mexico?

At least that's what I've always thought, or are West winds actually blowing toward the West?

I'm so confused:shakehead:

Aren't West winds coming out of the West blowing onshore? Wouldn't that drive the jellies toward shore and away from Mexico?

Yes and yes. You are not the one confused.

No diving this wknd either peoples, thanks to the tropical storm coming our way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom